2013 Explorer Sport Ordered | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer Sport Ordered

Iceman unless I'm doing my counting wrong I count 7&1/2 weeks for you? I was told 8-12 weeks when I ordered mine and that the holidays may delay even more

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I stated in my original post that we were at 7 weeks if you considered the holiday shut down. The point is our Sport still has not been issued a VIN after nearly two months and everyone we ask has nothing to say.

New to the forum and not in a good mood. My wife & I ordered our loaded Sport on 11-24-12. It's been nine weeks. Nine WEEKS! I already know about the two week holiday shut down, but that still puts us at seven weeks with NO vin. Dealership can't tell us anything so we spoke with Regional Ford rep. She was a rude, unsympathetic witch and told my wife that it would be a minimum of six additional weeks. Since when did it take Ford four months to build a freaking Explorer?! I bet BMW, Mercedes, or Audi would be happy to take our $50 grand. I'm seriously considering looking else where.

if you spoke to them via phone and customer care they suck more than all things that sucked before.They are rude and full of it. They give complete bs answers and don't care about you as they said to me I was not there customer because they were in the wholesale business.

I ordered my Limited Nov 5, received the VIN two weeks later and picked it up last week. It was built first week of December and took a month for delivery.

My Limited was built in 4 weeks from the day that I ordered it. I know it isn't a sport. I think the dealer priority and if your dealer has any allocations plays a big role in when you get scheduled for the build. The dealer I ordered thru is a pretty big Ford Dealer in the Pittsburgh area. I believe they have a lot of allocations and I had a priority of 10 and that is how mine was built so quickly. I read a write up that was linked to a post here about how the allocation system works. Very informative. If I find it I will link it here. Pete

Pete, thanks for the link. We too are a priority 10, but made the mistake of ordering ours through a fairly small local dealership in the suburbs of Atlanta. The regional rep told my wife that Ford intends to keep the Sport production "extremely limited". She made the same statement regarding allocation, etc. Apparently the Detroit economy is booming and they can afford to make anxious buyers wait for almost four months. Is my sarcasm obvious enough?

Ice considering a 2 week shutdown wouldn't you be looking at a 5 1/2 week wait? Just saying dont give up faith yet and go slamming ford over it. I'm with you for being excited for a new car. Especially the explorer sport

I was told that the Sport model production is slower than the XLT and the limited. You will love the Ecoboost. I drive an new interceptor with an Ecoboost 8hrs a day and it is FANTASTIC !!!!!!

Also, I have never seen a sport and none of the dealers in the Pittsburgh area have one ! Good thing cause I would have ordered one but the wife wanted a limited and it is for her so no biggie !

I stated in my original post that we were at 7 weeks if you considered the holiday shut down. The point is our Sport still has not been issued a VIN after nearly two months and everyone we ask has nothing to say.

Ice....have you tried contacting Crystal to see if she can give you any info? They can be helpful.

For what its worth, I ordered mine on 11/14, and mine is being built this week 1/14...its due to ship to the dealer on 1/21. As a Ford Fleet customer, I can log in and check the status of my vehicle myself. My original build date was before Christmas but it ended up being later. My best recommendation is to be patient. Dealer allocations dictate how fast or slow. I order vehicles regularly from my Ford dealer for my business and regularly I am told 8-12 weeks. They often get here much sooner but as long as I expect 8-12...anything sooner is a bonus. If the dealer told you sooner than 8-12 weeks then shame on them....that is bad business practice. Its always better to give a long lead time and have it arrive sooner than to give you the shorter one and disappoint you.

Another example, I had an issue with a Ford F350 Super Duty I ordered recently (arrived in the wrong color) as well as another 2013 Explorer (base 4wd...first one arrived in 2wd). The dealer ordered a replacement 12/5 for both vehicles. The F350 is already on the ground at my dealer here (just waiting on the Spray-In Bedliner to pick it up) while the explorer's VIN and build date just came up today (build date week of 1/28).

I know its tough to wait, especially if you aren't getting info regularly. Hoping you hear something soon.

New to the forum and not in a good mood. My wife & I ordered our loaded Sport on 11-24-12. It's been nine weeks. Nine WEEKS! I already know about the two week holiday shut down, but that still puts us at seven weeks with NO vin...

Hi Iceman4ever98,

I'm happy to look into your Explorer's status; just send me a PM with your order number and dealer name.

Ice....have you tried contacting Crystal to see if she can give you any info?...

Thanks for the shout-out, tgunn_ocs!

Crystal

Hi crystal...did my pm with my order # ok? It looked weird on my computer....still learning how this works.

Great way to start the day....dealer called and my Explorer is in!! Sooner than I was expecting too! Cant wait to pick it up. I will be sure to post some pics!

Crystal, I'm new to this site. How do I go about messaging you?

Hi crystal...did my pm with my order # ok? It looked weird on my computer....still learning how this works.

Looks like you both figured it out; I had messages waiting for me from you in my inbox this morning. I've responded to your messages, so you may want to take a peek!

For any future readers, just click on the FordCustSrvc to the left. Send a Private Message will become an option in a pop-up menu. :thumbsup:

Great way to start the day....dealer called and my Explorer is in!! Sooner than I was expecting too! Cant wait to pick it up. I will be sure to post some pics!

Awesome news, tgunn_ocs! I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for pictures!

Crystal

I just got a call from my dealer saying the factory scheduled my build this morning. I was told I should have a date today or tomorrow. (Hopefully)

I just got a call from my dealer saying the factory scheduled my build this morning. I was told I should have a date today or tomorrow. (Hopefully)

Great news, AdamLeathers! Every day you're getting closer to delivery. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Iceman4ever98,

I have some good news for you - check your inbox shortly. I think it will bring a smile to your face!

Crystal

Back