2011/12/13 Limited 3rd Row Power Fold Seats | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011/12/13 Limited 3rd Row Power Fold Seats

I appreciate the gesture, my problems have all been taken care of though :) Unless you have some magic way to rush the Sport production timeline
13Sport,

Hmmm… let me check my magic bag of tricks. ;)

Nope, sorry. :D

Cory

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

3rd Row Seat Rattle

When my 3rd row is folded flat I am getting a rattle from the passenger side 3rd row seat. I confirmed it by simple tapping on the folded seat. It makes metal on metal noise with the slightest tap or when driving over the slightest bump. It makes my Ex seem like its 10 years old with 100k miles on it.

I'll mention it to the dealer but I remember mentioning it six months ago when getting an oil change. The service guy told me "well it’s a moving part so it might rattle from time to time". Back then it either didn’t happen often or perhaps I was driving around mostly with the 3rd Row seats unfolded.

Last I checked the steering wheel, windows, wheels, doors, front/middle seats, and 300 other parts all move but don’t rattle. That might be the single worst response I’ve ever heard. If I get that response this time around I think I might blow a gasket.

Anyone else have this issue?

When my 3rd row is folded flat I am getting a rattle from the passenger side 3rd row seat. I confirmed it by simple tapping on the folded seat. It makes metal on metal noise with the slightest tap or when driving over the slightest bump. It makes my Ex seem like its 10 years old with 100k miles on it.

I'll mention it to the dealer but I remember mentioning it six months ago when getting an oil change. The service guy told me "well it’s a moving part so it might rattle from time to time". Back then it either didn’t happen often or perhaps I was driving around mostly with the 3rd Row seats unfolded.

Last I checked the steering wheel, windows, wheels, doors, front/middle seats, and 300 other parts all move but don’t rattle. That might be the single worst response I’ve ever heard. If I get that response this time around I think I might blow a gasket.

Anyone else have this issue?
Have you tried folding them down one at a time? Does the folded passenger side seat still rattle if the driver's side seat is in the upright position?
I wouldn't think that a rattle that is that simple to produce by just tapping on the seat should be that difficult to locate. I do not recall any other such posts.

Peter

I'll mention it to the dealer but I remember mentioning it six months ago when getting an oil change. The service guy told me "well it’s a moving part so it might rattle from time to time". Back then it either didn’t happen often or perhaps I was driving around mostly with the 3rd Row seats unfolded...

Hi JohnnyDop.

Let me know how it goes with your dealer and I'll step in if necessary! Just PM me your name, phone, VIN, mileage, and dealer info if you'd like me to get the ball rolling.

Ashley

Have you tried folding them down one at a time? Does the folded passenger side seat still rattle if the driver's side seat is in the upright position?
I wouldn't think that a rattle that is that simple to produce by just tapping on the seat should be that difficult to locate. I do not recall any other such posts.

Peter

I'll try that tonight. Will also double check to make sure it doesnt rattle when one or both are upright or folded.

Thanks Ashley, i'll let you know if i need your help once i get it to the dealer.

Back