Explorer 1995 4R55E to 5R55E No Lockup | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer 1995 4R55E to 5R55E No Lockup

I adjusted the bands last week so they are okey.
The sensor I am thinking about is the one on the left side of the tranny, 10cm behind and 10cm over the neutral safety switch. I thought it was some kind of speed sensor?
It has a 2 wire connection.
It might be called VSS or OSS sensor but I am not sure.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The sensor that you are talking about if I understand is used only on the 5R55E trans and your wiring should not have a connector for this sensor.
sorry would post some pics but I am going away for week end and don't have time to shrink them.
render

Is it working?

Hi OzzE, did you get the 5R working yet? I'm interested in doing the same swap...

I'm sorry but I never got it to work :(

I ended up selling the car really cheap so I lost a lot of money .. :(
I have no information about what happened to the car after I sold it, mabye they got it to work, I dunno.

For anybody wondering, I put a 5r55e from a 98 ohv in my 95. Had to swap range sensor, and some solenoids but had her up n movin in less than 3 hours:)

OzzE,
Sorry you had to give up on your ride and take the loss.
Mr V,
I have a bad 4r in my '95 and a good 5r sitting beside it. I'd be very interested, and grateful if you could post some details about your swap. Which part is the range sensor? Which solenoids did you have to swap etc? Also if you encountered any other hangups along the way. This is my only 'good' car right now. I really like riding my Honda, but its just not that time of year.
Gator

Back