iOS 7? How's it with MFT | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

iOS 7? How's it with MFT

Rebecca, please have Ford issue me a $750 rebate. This includes $500 for nav system and $250 for the messaging failed systems. PM me for the correct mailing address. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rebecca, please have Ford issue me a $750 rebate. This includes $500 for nav system and $250 for the messaging failed systems. PM me for the correct mailing address. Thanks.

Maybe you should get some money from Apple instead.

Rebecca.

Yes it was, has been happening from iOS 6.? & up.
I get the notification on the screen, press listen and get nothing.

Brian

Thanks, Brian!

I don't have the authority to approve or issue any rebates, but I can send your feedback and concerns to the regional manager for your area. I'll need you to send all of the details via PM, along with your VIN and best contact phone number. You'll then be contacted to discuss these issues further.

Rebecca

I'm usually the guy with the oddball, inconsistent issues ... but in this case, I've been running iOS 7.0.4 from close to its release, and the reading of text messages has been working perfectly fine for me.

The ONLY time it won't read the text message when I press "Listen" is if the text message includes a photo (along with text), or is only a photo (with no text). But, I wouldn't expect the system to handle this case.

That helps a lot, Ercole. :) Any other information you think of, just shoot it over to me. One of my coworkers has encountered this as well, but in those instances it started happening right after updating their phones to 7.0.4 in November. I'm escalating this to my support.

Sgt1411 - When you had this issue, were you on iOS 7.0.4?

Rebecca

Sorry for the late reply

I have not experienced this on MFT v3.6.2 and iOS 7.0.4

Maybe you should get some money from Apple instead.

Apple? The only Nav system that works in my 14esport is Apple Maps and it is 10x better than the Ford system which I had to pay for!!!! Apple Maps was FREE!!

On Messaging, how is it that the largest most profitable company in the world (Apple) should design their operating system to accommodate a third rate car company. Ford should have engineers (do they have any left?) sitting at Apples front door waiting for any changes in IOS and updating the MFT to handle them!!

Perhaps Apple should design to industry standards.

Mine stopped receiving texts again today. Time to delete and pair AGAIN!

Mine stopped receiving texts again today. Time to delete and pair AGAIN!

Do you have auto update of the phone book turned off? If not turn it off, it seems to cause a few issues. Also, next time it stops try turning off Bluetooth on MFT, wait a few seconds and then turn back on and connect phone.

:bdrunk:

Do you have auto update of the phone book turned off? If not turn it off, it seems to cause a few issues. Also, next time it stops try turning off Bluetooth on MFT, wait a few seconds and then turn back on and connect phone.

Very good ideas to try! :)

Sorry for the late reply

I have not experienced this on MFT v3.6.2 and iOS 7.0.4

Thanks, Sgt1411. :thumbsup:

Rebecca

I will try these ideas and let you know.

Has anyone out there loaded iOS 7.1 Beta yet?

Its in Beta v3 now.

I was about to but wanted to know how it behaves with MFT v3.6.2 first before I load it.

It apparently has some enhancements for their iCar features that will integrate with various other manufactures besides Ford.

Hi Everyone Just did some testing on this and wanted to share some info;

My config:
IPhone 4s and iOS 7.0.4
MFT version 3.6.2
Bluetooth "Show Notifications" set to ON

I have message notifications turned off on my lock screen by default. (SETTINGS>NOTIFICATION CENTER>MESSAGES>Show on Lock Screen OFF)

When this is set to off, the text msg notification will NOT chime in MFT and will not allow you to "play new message". No notification will be given other than the sound on your phone. This setting has to be ON for the Text Messaging notification to be indicated in MFT.

Just wanted to share that important tidbit i found

Mike

Please don't put iOS in my car.

Yeah, not too jazzed on Apple map products. :thumbdwn:

I don't want anyone's operating system in my car head unit.

I want my phones display mirrored on my head unit and then being able to control my phone via touch on the head unit. Done.... no more headache for the OEM's. Program to an industry standard API for connecting and controlling the phone and you're done.

Keep FM/AM/XM and HD radio built into it (with maybe sd slot to store music) and call it day. No need to keep updating their software.

Then, the Apple fanbois will maybe stop complaining about their Apple stuff not working with applications that cater to their device (MFT and MyLink, etc.) and Android can maybe get in on some lovin too! ;)

THIS is what I want...

Question regarding iMessage. On my phone running 7 I have bluetooth 'show notifications' on but never see iMessage notifications 'ping' the MFT. Anyone else seeing this or is it strictly limited to plain old fashioned and frickin expensive text messages sent over SMS ?

Thanks

WC

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Question regarding iMessage. On my phone running 7 I have bluetooth 'show notifications' on but never see iMessage notifications 'ping' the MFT. Anyone else seeing this or is it strictly limited to plain old fashioned and frickin expensive text messages sent over SMS ?

Thanks

WC

Interesting, mine work flawlessly until a couple days ago too.

All settings correct.

Deleted and re-pair iPhone 2X

Nothing changed on MFT so Im guessing iOS, but only a guess.

Back