Reading Text Messages with iOS 6.1.2 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Reading Text Messages with iOS 6.1.2

Driving home the other day I was pretty surprised when I received a text message on my iphone and it alerted me in the car !!! I could view the messages and the system could read them, but that was all I could do, could not send a new message or reply to it.

It has not done this since and now I am just further confused and frustrated. It has clearly been stated that this is not supported, then why did a message pop up ?

I am currently on ios 6.1.2 (avoiding .3 due to many issues with it)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I had the same thing happen with my old Droid X. I tried everything I could think of to get texts to work and then one day they just worked! No update to the phone, no update to the car, it just started working!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Saffer, I have had good results with my Iphone IOS 6.1.3. The only problem I have encountered was not able to send text from MFT. I can receive them to view and listen. My bluetooth works also. I play Pandora through my Iphone and sound is good and displays the song title and artist. In fact I feel the sound is better than SiriusXM. SiriusXM is compressing thier streaming so much that it clips many of the highs.
I will do the upgrade and see if it magically starts working again.

I stream using the TuneIn app on my iPhone as well and it works great most of the time, also see song title etc. Seriously thinking about dropping Sirius (like I did their stock) as I only listen to max two channels in any case.

I had the same thing happen with my old Droid X. I tried everything I could think of to get texts to work and then one day they just worked! No update to the phone, no update to the car, it just started working!

So that kind a confirms the suspicion, its a Ford issue

Seems some are a little more tech savvy than some others. I just ordered an iPhone after my android bit the dust. Sad day. We'll see how apple makes out!

How is that iphone treating you ?

:popcorn:

Let us know how your iPhone plays with Sync, I doubt you will be happy.

Sorry to disappoint you. It works. Just can't send the canned messages. Using 6.1.3

I followed the suggestion above. Turned off wifi unpaired turned off phone etc... Also make sure you turn on show notifications under Bluetooth settings on the phone

Possible Fix Pending Testing

I don't want to say anything that an Apple rep might stumble upon but here is a fix I'm testing tonight. For anyone who has an iPhone which is no longer "in jail"....There is a company that makes a Pebble Bluetooth watch which gives notifications on your wrist. They too were having issues implementing with Apple's Bluetooth profiles. There is a tweak called BTNotificationEnabler which supposedly will fix the issue. It is stated to push any notifications which show up in the Notification Center on the phone to Bluetooth devices not only the Pebble Watch. I just downloaded and installed the software and re-paired my phone t the car after deleting the connection on both and restarting both. I'm going to see if this helps at all and I'll try to report back with the results in a few days.

I lost messaging a long time ago.......right now I would be happy with being able to answer the freakin phone through MFT

I've never been able to get messages on my iPhone to appear on my MFT, but yesterday I got three of them. I'm running the latest iPhone iOS and latest MFT software. No idea why it started to work, but am glad it did.

(It's not all roses, though...the message notification on my MFT disappeared after about 5 seconds...not exactly enough time to take any action on it).

I lost messaging a long time ago.......right now I would be happy with being able to answer the freakin phone through MFT

What iOS are you using?

iphone5 32GB running iOS 6.1.3

MFT v3.5.1

To send txt try this
Go to Siri on phone when paired in explorer
Say send txt
Siri will ask to who. State name
Say txt
Siri will send
All will be done inside vehicle
Only a one button push on iphone for Siri

Awesome