Can anyone tell me what kind of tires are on this truck? Wheels too if you can! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can anyone tell me what kind of tires are on this truck? Wheels too if you can!

PfaMb6Q.jpg

Hey everybody,

I see the tires look like Bridgestone Dueler APT tires..

1)
Are these all terrain tires or mud tires or what? I tried googling but couldn't find a definitive answer

2)
What size would you guess they are - to me looks like 265/70/16?

3)
If you have a guess what wheels they are - that would be great too

4)
BONUS - to me the truck looks stock with bigger than stock tires - does it look like it has a lift/leveling kit to you?

Thank you to anyone who can help me in achieving my goal for my explorer! :dpchug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where's your pic?

There are a few different models of the APT line...

I don't see any pictures... And you can check the tire size on the tire

Look on the tire itself. Near the tire size you'll see "M+S" if its mud/snow tire.

Look on the tire itself. Near the tire size you'll see "M+S" if its mud/snow tire.

The picture is of a truck I found online, so unfortunately I cannot look at the tire up close :(

Those are all-terrain tires on there. Mud tires would have big lugs, even if they were worn down bald. I'd guess the tires are Bridgestone Dueler APT-IV tires, since they have a slightly more aggressive tread pattern than the earlier APT-III. Even if the tires in the pic are APT-III, I'd suggest APT-IV's for an even more aggressive look (and newer technology) if that's what you're after, unless you get a really good deal on some old stock tires on clearance or something.

No idea on size. 265/70R16 is a good guess. I'd suggest going more by the tire size you have the gearing for rather than base it on someone else's rig in a photo. It might look nice standing still, but drive like crap because that tire size is too big for the gearing of the particular vehicle.

The black wheels are just regular 'ol American Racing black steel wheels.

It might have a slight lift. Or the wheels might be 15's and the tires might be bigger, making the sidewalls taller and giving the illusion of even bigger tires on a vehicle with a small lift.

Those are all-terrain tires on there. Mud tires would have big lugs, even if they were worn down bald. I'd guess the tires are Bridgestone Dueler APT-IV tires, since they have a slightly more aggressive tread pattern than the earlier APT-III. Even if the tires in the pic are APT-III, I'd suggest APT-IV's for an even more aggressive look (and newer technology) if that's what you're after, unless you get a really good deal on some old stock tires on clearance or something.

No idea on size. 265/70R16 is a good guess. I'd suggest going more by the tire size you have the gearing for rather than base it on someone else's rig in a photo. It might look nice standing still, but drive like crap because that tire size is too big for the gearing of the particular vehicle.

The black wheels are just regular 'ol American Racing black steel wheels.

It might have a slight lift. Or the wheels might be 15's and the tires might be bigger, making the sidewalls taller and giving the illusion of even bigger tires on a vehicle with a small lift.

Fantastic info! thank you so much for the help, really appreciate it.

Exactly what I was looking for - I think you're probably right about being 15 inch wheels, probably with 31's.

minimum 16" wheels. 15" wheels will not fit on '02+ 4dr because of larger brakes.

in reference These are 245/70/17's

attachment.php

Fantastic info! thank you so much for the help, really appreciate it.

Exactly what I was looking for - I think you're probably right about being 15 inch wheels, probably with 31's.

Those wouldn't be 31's to look like that with the size of wheelwells and fender arches those models have.

If 15's won't fit (per the above post) then they are likely just 16's.

They are probably just some P-metric size. Either 265/70R16 or something close to it.

Look at what sizes the Dueler APT IV is available in and that should solve the mystery - it's not like they make the tire in every width and sidewall increment.

I believe they are 245/75-16s. Had that size on my old explorer and the wheel well spacing looks very similar.

minimum 16" wheels. 15" wheels will not fit on '02+ 4dr because of larger brakes.

in reference These are 245/70/17's

attachment.php

Hey!....what are you doing with my truck? :eek:

Back