cruise control question

brush hog

Reaction score
City, State
Garden City, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 XLT
any body have any answers on a intermittent cruise problems

I have had issues with it, determined it was because of the front wheel bearing on long road trips. The bearing would get very hot and suddenly cut the signal, causing the cruise to cut out. I have also seen boiled batteries and bad alternators cause this, so I would check all 3.

idk if this is what you were talking about, but my engine will stall out if i go low speed with cruise control. like if i'm on cruise around 40ish it'll turn off. i looked around online and asked around, i figured it was just an explorer issue in general, and chalked it up to a "used truck" problem.

Might help some: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155199&highlight=Cruise+Control

idk if this is what you were talking about, but my engine will stall out if i go low speed with cruise control. like if i'm on cruise around 40ish it'll turn off. i looked around online and asked around, i figured it was just an explorer issue in general, and chalked it up to a "used truck" problem.

Some cars can only have cruise control set when over a specific speed. So if you happen to be right where the cutoff is, that would explain why it shuts off if you go below that point. I'll check the manual later and see if it says what the lowest speed is you can use cruise control. I'm thinking it was 35mph, but not 100% sure.

Back