• Register Today It's free!

Cruise Control

That911guy

Reaction score
City, State
Ashland City, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
So I bought my explorer a month ago or so, and when I purchased it the guy told me that the cruise control started acting up and he disconnected it. He said it was continuing to accelerate after cruise was engaged. He said it needs a new bracket and cable. On a side note my ABS light stays on 100% of the time from start up to turn off. Not sure if the issues are related or not, but I have read some threads where the ABS light engages when cruise control has issues.

So I guess my first question is can someone post a pic of the OHV engine showing me exactly where I need to look to see what is going on with the Cruise.

Also just want to add this in, I am able to press the Cruise ON on the steering wheel and hit set and the Cruise light will turn on in the instrument cluster. It will stay on til I turn off the Cruise, so its not an intermittent flashing like I have read on some other posts.

Sorry if this question is noobish, but I have searched and found nothing to answer my question.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

He said it needs a new bracket and cable.
The cable is part of the wireing harness (I believe)

So I guess my first question is can someone post a pic of the OHV engine showing me exactly where I need to look to see what is going on with the Cruise.
The cruise control servo (motor) is right behind the windshield wiper refill tank and Coolant refill tank. I believe the first one will be the coolant, and the second one will be the windshield wiper fluid.

You should notice cables going to the throttle body from this unit.

Thanks, I'm at work all day, but if we slow down I'll go out and take a look.

Back