3rd Row Seat question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3rd Row Seat question

mikelowrey

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hello,

When I was looking to purchase my explorer, the sales guy showed me the 13 / 14 3rd row seats where you can flip it in the other way as to seat yourself looking to the back, he gave the example of when camping which I found that idea really good. BUT, eventually I bought a 15 and came with electric 3rd Row seats. Now the question is: Can I do the same with the electric ones?

Thanks

If they are deigned to flip back as you described, there should be a button along with the others indicating 'tailgate'.
Your profile just show 2008 in the margin. If you don't have that anymore it would be a good idea to update your profile with the year and model (XLT, Limited, Sport) so that the info shows there. The picture here is of my 2014 MKT.

Peter

Attachments

• PA020293_001.JPG
    PA020293_001.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 409

I thought the powerfold seats never had the tailgate option. Did they add it back? I recall it being some sort of safety issue.

EDIT: Checking out the 2014 owner's manual, it stresses that the seats are NOT to be used in the 'tailgate' fashion as damage may occur to the seats themselves. The powerfold seats do not have the option for the tailgate mode.

Peter, I assume the photo you took was of your MkT?? I think that panel was designed before the 'no tailgate seat' rule.

Of course, the 2015s could be different, but I would be surprised if they were.

Yes that is a photo of the controls on the 2014 MKT. I should have pointed that out and now have. Thanks Vince.

Peter

Back