How to Permanently Make Your Headlights Clear!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to Permanently Make Your Headlights Clear!!!

dogfish246

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Ranger V6 4x4
Hey guys,

So I have been working on a method to make your headlights permanently clear and here it is. There are many ways to make your headlights clear such as kits from the store (3M is pretty good), toothpaste, baking soda, brake fluid, bug spray, wet sand, etc. Some work great, others are bad for your lens, but no matter what, all of those methods are temporary.

This video shows my method that is a permanent UV seal over the headlight lens so it wont fade. I experimented with different grit sandpaper, different sanding methods, different clear coats, and this is what I found to work best after all my testing.

Let me know what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEJbKLZ7RmM

So, this would be a good thing to do when you get new headlights to keep them looking new?? Great video!

Very well done!

So, this would be a good thing to do when you get new headlights to keep them looking new?? Great video!
I personally would not do this to new headlights. If they are quality headlights then they should last. I would wax the new headlights with a synthetic wax with UV blocker in it. That should help prolong the life of the headlight!
If the headlight gets hazy, then you can do this and it will be like new.

Very well done!

Thanks you sir!

Back