Reasonable expectations off MSRP on 2015 Explorer Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Reasonable expectations off MSRP on 2015 Explorer Limited

JackieF

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
I'm trying to figure out how much off the MSRP 2015 Explorer Limited I should expect? I'm looking at something in the $42,000 sticker Price.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jackie, I got just at 15% off MSRP on 15 XLT from Crowne Ford in Fayetteville NC a little over a month ago and then a week after that my dad decided he wanted one and I called and they would not get even close to the price or % they gave me. At that time I did qualify for about $2000 in rebates. The deal I got my dad was about $4600 off MSRP on a XLT loaded w/4wd and all options with a MSRP just over $42,200. He was just over $38,000 out the door w/ tax, tags and admin fee

I did the True Car then emailed every dealer within 250 miles with the exact color, options and everything I wanted and waited to hear from them. I let them know I had talked to 20 dealers and was ready to buy and the best initial offer I got I would be there that weekend to buy and got several good offers and 1 great one. I did have to drive 180 miles to buy.

I'm trying to figure out how much off the MSRP 2015 Explorer Limited I should expect? I'm looking at something in the $42,000 sticker Price.

NEVER EVER deal down from msrp!! I always shoot for dealer invoice minus incentives at the current time. Most dealers will do that deal, especially at the end of the month or on a factory order.

Ed

Lightly used will get you at least 20 percent off invoice.

Back