• Register Today It's free!

Tracking a New Explorer

sparky72

Reaction score
City, State
Dripping Springs, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer
I have an order number and now I have my VIN. Site tells me not a valid VIN. Anyone have any tricks to try

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum:chug:

I moved your thread to our 2014 -2016 Ford Explorer Order Status Threads subforum where the right folks should see it.

I have an order number and now I have my VIN. Site tells me not a valid VIN. Anyone have any tricks to try

The VIN number is the first thing you get and then it will be followed by a window sticker which on that sticker (if you know how to read it ) it will tell you the built date of the Explorer. Just be patient. Soon you will be getting the window sticker and then the Explorer will go into production.

Explorer

Thanks for the info

What is the site to track? I have my VIN.
Thanks
If you're talking about pulling up the Window Sticker, the links are at the start of this thread. If you are talking about tracking it's progress, there isn't a site I'm aware of. You would have to PM FordServiceCA, in your case and they should be able to help if they have the required info.

Peter

Thanks for the info
The Window Sticker is usually available 3-5 days prior to the build date.
Also, please add the 'model' of your Ex to your profile. When filling out your profile, it requests YEAR and MODEL. Once added to your profile it will show in the margin and be useful info for the members in addressing any concerns you may have. Thanks.

Peter

If you're talking about pulling up the Window Sticker, the links are at the start of this thread. If you are talking about tracking it's progress, there isn't a site I'm aware of. You would have to PM FordServiceCA, in your case and they should be able to help if they have the required info.

Peter

Thank you I have the window sticker. Another couple of weeks or so. It went into production on 8/24

The Window Sticker is usually available 3-5 days prior to the build date.
Also, please add the 'model' of your Ex to your profile. When filling out your profile, it requests YEAR and MODEL. Once added to your profile it will show in the margin and be useful info for the members in addressing any concerns you may have. Thanks.

Peter

Hey Peter is the date at the bottom next to the box method of transit ?
It so mine is 10-29-15

Hey Peter is the date at the bottom next to the box method of transit ?
It so mine is 10-29-15
The 'Build Date' is found near the bottom right of the Window Sticker. For example, mine on the 2011 showed 1201102242750. That translates into 2011/02/24.

Peter

The 'Build Date' is found near the bottom right of the Window Sticker. For example, mine on the 2011 showed 1201102242750. That translates into 2011/02/24.

Peter

Just found out mine was built Nov 6th and is waiting transport.
THank's I found where your talking about apparently the 10-29-15 is when the window sticker came out I guess.

Just found out mine was built Nov 6th and is waiting transport.
THank's I found where your talking about apparently the 10-29-15 is when the window sticker came out I guess.

My limited explorer arrived today at the dealership will be picking it up tomorrow

Back