Waiting... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Waiting...

declay

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering why there is such a discrepancy between order date and date of receiving VIN #? Some people seem to have received VIN # shortly after ordering. We ordered a limited explorer on July 20 and just received our Vin number (August 26). We ordered from a small dealer in Canada. Feedback?? Thanks,

Declay
Saskatchewan

Hi, just wondering why there is such a discrepancy between order date and date of receiving VIN #? Some people seem to have received VIN # shortly after ordering. We ordered a limited explorer on July 20 and just received our Vin number (August 26). We ordered from a small dealer in Canada. Feedback?? Thanks,

Declay
Saskatchewan
I bet you’re excited now that you have your VIN, Declay. :) I’ve been told that the scheduling process has to do with each order’s specific options. The order is submitted by the dealer and then the system groups them together automatically to allow for the fastest overall production time. It could also be that we didn't have the parts ready to build the order, so it would be delayed a bit. Send me your VIN via PM if you’d like me to keep an eye on your order. I’m sure the current status will brighten up your weekend a bit. ;)

Cory

Back