• Register Today It's free!

2016 xlt

Beecatch

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer XLT
Just got my first Explorer last Thursday. I'm very excited as it's a vehicle I've wanted for quite some time. Had to order it because I wanted the 2nd row bucket seats (only took 4 weeks)! White with Black leather, so far so good. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats! I'm waiting for my 2016 to delivered soon, it should be here in the next 2-3 weeks.

I was lucky, a local dealer had 8 Platinums, four were what I would have ordered. Bought one off the lot, Feb build, 4 mi.

Ordered an XLT three weeks ago. We couldn't find exactly what we wanted so we decided to order it. We also wanted the 2nd row bucket seats. ETA is May 8th so we can't wait.

Platinum - Awesome, how exciting!!

Rmcalis - that's great you were able to find one on the lot, we searched for a while but all the ones out there already had buyers lined up.

Heygents - Yay!! So exciting, yea they told us 6-8 weeks and it was done in 4 so that was a huge surprise. My husband surprised me with it so I had no clue on the time frame so it would have been a surprise either way!! I LOVE the 2nd row bucket seats!!

Beecatch,

It is going to be my wife's everyday vehicle so she is very excited. Even though we haven't seen it yet, we are so glad that we decided to order exactly what we want rather than get something off a lot that either didn't have everything or had too much.

I don't even know what the bucket seats look like because none of the dealers we visited even had an Explorer on the lot with them.

We were fortunate to find the XLT we wanted, but the dealer had to do a dealer swap to get it. It's 300 miles away, but worth the extra miles to us so we don't have to wait until July for the 2017. It was difficult to find one with the options we wanted and NOT have either a Moonroof or 20" wheels. It will be Red V6 (202A), with Camel leather, 2nd row buckets, trailer III pkg, Nav, etc It will be my wife's ride, she is very excited :)

Just an FYI, if you want a 2016 XLT, better find one soon, the only thing that will be left in dealer inventory will be the high dollar Platinums (too many options which we neither want nor need).

Beecatch,

It is going to be my wife's everyday vehicle so she is very excited. Even though we haven't seen it yet, we are so glad that we decided to order exactly what we want rather than get something off a lot that either didn't have everything or had too much.

I don't even know what the bucket seats look like because none of the dealers we visited even had an Explorer on the lot with them.

Heygents - I test drove a two 2016 model's last year one, one with the bench and one with the bucket seats so I had an idea but with my husband ordering it as a surprise for me I had no idea really what ours was going to look like. I'm Super happy with it. I know your wife will be as well. So excited for you all!!

Boo, I can't upload the photo.

Are the headlights any better on the 2016? Or do you have to upgrade to LED?
The Headlights on my 2013 are the worst I've experienced in 50+ years of driving.
All that happens when the shutter lifts is that the trees are illuminated.
I would consider trading if someone on this forum could advise if there is any improvement.
Thanks,
Nonbonum, 2013 XLT

My husband said something to be about getting upgraded headlights. They are LED and they have a really wide range. Compared to driving our 2006 Taurus, these lights are a dream!

Just got my first Explorer last Thursday. I'm very excited as it's a vehicle I've wanted for quite some time. Had to order it because I wanted the 2nd row bucket seats (only took 4 weeks)! White with Black leather, so far so good. :)

with or without the console?

I have similar - tan seats though.

I don't have the console and I love it that way. so far.

We ordered it without the console. We have two little kids (2 years old and 4 months old) and a dog that travels everywhere with us. So without the console our dog will be able to easily get back to the third row.

with or without the console?

I have similar - tan seats though.

I don't have the console and I love it that way. so far.

Without the console. We don't have kids YET but I'm thinking long term and wanted them to be able to scoot to the 3rd row if needed without folding down the 2nd row. I love it so far as well!

Hey fellas, i was in the same boat as you guys and ordered our XLT exactly how we wanted it. We also wanted the second row buckets but opted for the console thinking it would be great for the kids tablets etc. Im looking to our first road trip to see how it works out. This is also my wifes daily driver and so far shes loving it (1 week in). I was also quoted 6-8 weeks and it took just shy of 7, so 4 weeks is awesome, youre lucky!!

Im going to put on some running boards to help with my 4yr old climbing in and out, kind of excited for its mod!
20160409_182722_zpsuyvgw2bl.jpg

Hey fellas, i was in the same boat as you guys and ordered our XLT exactly how we wanted it. We also wanted the second row buckets but opted for the console thinking it would be great for the kids tablets etc. Im looking to our first road trip to see how it works out. This is also my wifes daily driver and so far shes loving it (1 week in). I was also quoted 6-8 weeks and it took just shy of 7, so 4 weeks is awesome, youre lucky!!

Im going to put on some running boards to help with my 4yr old climbing in and out, kind of excited for its mod!
20160409_182722_zpsuyvgw2bl.jpg

Looks Great, congrat's! Great idea to add the running boards, I think Lil ones would have a hard time. I'll keep that in mind for an add on in a little bit. :)

I also just purchased a 2016 XLT. Did a search and found the exact one I wanted, and could afford, on a dealer lot. This is my 1st explorer and so far I love it. Now I can't wait to start customizing it to make it my own.

That's awesome Draycal!! Congrat's, customizing it is half the fun! :)

Finally was able to post a photo for everyone <3

ry%3D400.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Love the white!!

Back