• Register Today It's free!

Finally Decided on a 2016, V-6

TXOkie

Reaction score
City, State
Southeast Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer 2012 F150FX
Well we finally made a choice on an Explorer. We bought a loaded XLT with the leather interior and white Platinum metallic tri coat. It has the dual panel sun roof, second row bucket seats, Navigation, front and rear cameras and sensors, colision monitoring systems( we both really like those). we have had it for several weeks now, so far its very nice and no issues to date. I might add, I occasionally do get to drive it (It is the wife's) :usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hope you have years and miles of trouble free driving with it. I am looking at them also after being a jeep guy for years. I've been emailing a sales rep at a local dealer this week and will probably schedule a test drive next weekend.

Hope you have years and miles of trouble free driving with it. I am looking at them also after being a jeep guy for years. I've been emailing a sales rep at a local dealer this week and will probably schedule a test drive next weekend.

Same here. After much research, looks like I'm trading in the 13 JGC for an Explorer just like the one upthread.

The 2016

Well guys, I wish you both much luck on purchasing your new Explorer. My wife really likes hers as well of course as i do too. I spent much much time on my researching them and reading owner expectations. Keep in mind that every owner has different expectations and EVERY truck produced wont be exactly the same. Good luck and let me know what you decide. :thumbsup:

Well after our test drives and about 5 hours at the dealer we purchased an loaded XLT Explorer. Actually its suppose to be delivered this week. Its in transit. We purchased from Future Ford in Roseville, Ca. and I have to say it was the best car buying experience I have ever had. Salesmen spent 5 hours with us, going back and forth from a Edge to the Explorer, test drives, looking all over both their lots and the computer to find one with exactly what we wanted. Hopefully we get it before Christmas.

Does anyone think the Explorer seats are uncomfortable like some reviews say?

I thought they were quite comfortable. I didn't sit in the back rows because I don't plan on sitting there when were driving but I thought the front seats were comfortable. Were coming from a jeep Liberty so probably most anything would be more comfortable. I thought the Edge was less comfortable than the Explorer.

You can add front camera to 2016 explorer xlt?

You can add front camera to 2016 explorer xlt?
That would be a NO according to the 'Build & Price' program. Also, here is what the order guide shows under 'New' features;
- Front 180-Degree Camera with Washer available on Sport, standard on Limited and Platinum

Peter

Back