2017 Explorer Info? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Explorer Info?

What do you mean a touch screen is a major improvement and cleaner looking? My MFT has 4 clicks, nav, music, temp and phone, all easily located on each of the screen corners and it takes a click or 2 to do what I want. Touch screen takes less then a second to switch in between menus.
I think that a major improvement would be a bigger screen and nicer graphics that the other SUV's in 50K segment come with.

Because the touch screen is like a smart phone. You do not have to apply any pressure to choose your option. You also swipe right and left to go through different screens like your smart phone. Lastly, the touch (not a press) of any menu instantly loads it.. there is none fade out and in to the next screen like MFT

So as I said, a major improvement.

I am also a huge fan of adaptive cruise control and forward collision warning systems. Will these still be optional on the Limited? The Chrysler (Dodge) system has full-speed capability on the FCW system and stop-and-go on the ACC. Is Ford's like this also?

Look forward to your responses.

I am also very interested in this. Will the 2017 Explorer support full speed adaptive cruise control with the ability to come to a complete stop and resume?

Also of note for the 2017s, for those considering a Sport. The upgraded stereo previously available only on the Platinum model is included in package 401A. LED fog lights are either standard or in 401A - I forget which, but everyone gets 401A so it's no matter.

Back