Odd behavior when starting | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Odd behavior when starting

drpangeles

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer XLT
I have a 2005 Ford Explorer XLT. When starting the car, I noticed the fuel gauge will not move to its position for approx 10 secs - and the low tire sensor will stay lit and won't turn off (at the same time). Now both key fobs won't work as well. Any ideas?

Thanks, Patrick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With my Explorer, if my fobs don't work, that is my first clue to get a free battery test at the auto parts store. I usually end up having to put a new battery in it. Others may have some better ideas.

With my Explorer, if my fobs don't work, that is my first clue to get a free battery test at the auto parts store. I usually end up having to put a new battery in it. Others may have some better ideas.

I found the problem...seems fuse #15 blew and this caused the gauges/rear wiper to act funny...must have affected the codes for the fobs as I simply reset the codes for the fobs and now works. Thanks for the reply...

Thanks for following up with your solution!

I found the problem...seems fuse #15 blew and this caused the gauges/rear wiper to act funny...must have affected the codes for the fobs as I simply reset the codes for the fobs and now works. Thanks for the reply...

PLEASE, tell us (ME!) how, what, you did to reset the codes for the fobs! imp

PLEASE, tell us (ME!) how, what, you did to reset the codes for the fobs! imp

Search. I just did it a few weeks ago. The info is somewhere on this forum, i just forget where.

Back