Custom WeatherTech Badges Project/Group Buy | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Custom WeatherTech Badges Project/Group Buy

kaotikgood

Most Interesting Man-Child in the World
Reaction score
City, State
Arlington, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
Callsign
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
***APPROVED BY RICK***

I'm starting this thread in here because this is where I initially posed the question. If a moderator can think of a better subcat please feel free to warp the thread. My intention is to allow all year and trims to take part, basically anyone with WeatherTech Floor Liners.

***GOAL***
The Project itself will be gauging interest and based therein rendering vector drawings to create custom 3D Domed Gel Badges to replace preinstalled WeatherTech Badges with your choice of logo (i.e. SPORT, XLT, LIMITED, PLATINUM, SPORTTRAC, RANGER, so on).

***EXAMPLES***
20140514_214747_zpsdjwxgy2j.jpg

***THE GOOD***
The price breaks are by quantity ONLY, no additional charge for graphic or color options.

***THE BAD***
This will require a lot of work and organization, which I'm completely willing take on. I will need some help from those involved in making sure specific criteria are met.

***THE BOTTOM LINE***
If you're interested at all, know there is no price set as of now. Please respond to this post with your intended logo specifics. If you have something other than a 5th Gen Explorer please verify the dimensions of your domed badge recess on the WeatherTech Floor Liners themselves. I want to make sure there is absolute continuity. If you are a wizard in illustrator or know someone with a vinyl shop, either of these may be easy access to vector files, PLEASE let me know. I will be posting and editing files to this thread as some of the logos start getting ironed out.

I've included a couple pictures of the samples I recieved today, this guys business card even has a domed tag!

regards!

Johnny (kG)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

***PARTICIPANTS***
1. kaotikgood - 4 - SPORT - Gloss Black/Matte Black/Red
2. PlatinumOwner - - PLATINUM -
3. PlatinumOwner - - LIMITED -
4. seanmclean - SPORT - -

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm interested in a set for a Platinum and possibly one for a Limited too.

Not as much interest as I gauged there would be. I will pm those of you who replied with info on how to get something similar done.

I saw a prior post about this and would love them for the husky liners (if they ever come out for the 17's)

***APPROVED BY RICK***

I'm starting this thread in here because this is where I initially posed the question. If a moderator can think of a better subcat please feel free to warp the thread. My intention is to allow all year and trims to take part, basically anyone with WeatherTech Floor Liners.

***GOAL***
The Project itself will be gauging interest and based therein rendering vector drawings to create custom 3D Domed Gel Badges to replace preinstalled WeatherTech Badges with your choice of logo (i.e. SPORT, XLT, LIMITED, PLATINUM, SPORTTRAC, RANGER, so on).

***EXAMPLES***

***THE GOOD***
The price breaks are by quantity ONLY, no additional charge for graphic or color options.

***THE BAD***
This will require a lot of work and organization, which I'm completely willing take on. I will need some help from those involved in making sure specific criteria are met.

***THE BOTTOM LINE***
If you're interested at all, know there is no price set as of now. Please respond to this post with your intended logo specifics. If you have something other than a 5th Gen Explorer please verify the dimensions of your domed badge recess on the WeatherTech Floor Liners themselves. I want to make sure there is absolute continuity. If you are a wizard in illustrator or know someone with a vinyl shop, either of these may be easy access to vector files, PLEASE let me know. I will be posting and editing files to this thread as some of the logos start getting ironed out.

I've included a couple pictures of the samples I recieved today, this guys business card even has a domed tag!

regards!

Johnny (kG)

View attachment 92841

View attachment 92842

View attachment 92843

***PARTICIPANTS***
Id be intrested in a sport logo if you are still doing them?

I'm interested in the Platinum logos if your still doing this.

I would be in for a pair of Sport logos.

What are the L x W dimensions of the tag? Although I no longer have my Ex, I think these might fit the Weathertech's I have in my Edge Limited. So count me in. The 'Limited' tags would look great!

Edit: I'll check the dimensions on my existing tag and post back ASAP.
Edit: Just measured.. It's 1.25" X 5.25"

***APPROVED BY RICK***

***GOAL***

***EXAMPLES***

***THE GOOD***

***THE BAD***

***THE BOTTOM LINE***

regards!

Johnny (kG)

View attachment 92841

View attachment 92842

View attachment 92843

***PARTICIPANTS***

Is this still active? If not, what was the source of the emblems?

Is this still active? If not, what was the source of the emblems?
I don't think this ever got off the ground. Best to contact the starter of the thread about the source although he hasn't been on since August 17th.

Peter

I guess getting some that said “Sport” or even “Explorer” is out of the question?

I guess getting some that said “Sport” or even “Explorer” is out of the question?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
If your post was for the starter of this thread then FYI, he hasn't been active on here since August 17, 2017.

Peter

Back