WeatherTech Digital Floor Liners | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

WeatherTech Digital Floor Liners

I bought the rear bumper cover as well, so dealers in Canada have them. I will be ordering the front and secound row as well as the cargo mats from weathertech in the states and if you order all 3 you get free shipping. I will just get them sent to a buddies over the boarder. I will probably save 100 over the Canadian site.

Ya but at the price we pay in BC for gas you will spend that $100 just getting there!

That said I will probably do the same thing and get mine delivered to Blaine WA

Fill up there too and save even more.

$1.25L for gas man are we getting ripped up here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Damn man, it is still only 1.10 on parts of the island and 1.16 here in Victoria. Blaine is where my buddy gets things shipped it is like a post office box but shows as a real address he says.

After some thought, I may go with the Husky mats and cargo liner. The second row mat is a 1 piece. The Huskey dealer here doesn't have stock yet but hopefully will have soon. Estimated cost of $180 (CDN) for the front and second row mats based on the 2010 Explorer costs. I believe they are somewhat similar to the WeatherTech in area coverage and material.

hmmm...the Husky Liners appear to be a blend of the Weathertech "all weather" and "digital cuts"...they look likey the have great coverage like the digitals but appear a bit deeper and (at least in the picture) more "rubbery" like the all-weathers.

Never having bought these before, I'm leaning towards the Husky liners, just by the pics on their respective sites. We don't get a lot of snow in Atlanta :) but we do get rain, mud and our X will be used for frequent trips to the mountains.

Thoughts?

I just phoned WeatherTech Support.

Even though the 2011 Explorer LaserFit mats are on their site they are actually a PRE-ORDER right now with shipping to start in 6-8 weeks. Their support also suggested that if I wanted all three rows I should wait and order all at once because there is a decent discount for all three rows in same order.

When I challenged the discrepancy in Can$ vs US$ pricing she confirmed shipping is included in the Can$ pricing only.

Im going to wait for the other rows to be available.

SGT...is that "6-8" weeks Weathertech estimate akin to Ford's 6-8 week estimate from order to delivery on the new X? If so, maybe their mats will be ready for Christmas. :)

hmmm...the Husky Liners appear to be a blend of the Weathertech "all weather" and "digital cuts"...they look likey the have great coverage like the digitals but appear a bit deeper and (at least in the picture) more "rubbery" like the all-weathers.

Never having bought these before, I'm leaning towards the Husky liners, just by the pics on their respective sites. We don't get a lot of snow in Atlanta :) but we do get rain, mud and our X will be used for frequent trips to the mountains.

Thoughts?
Not sure if the pictures represent the actual 2011 mats or a preview of what they may look like. They have 'Default WeatherBeater Photo' stamped on the pictures I'm looking at.

SGT...is that "6-8" weeks Weathertech estimate akin to Ford's 6-8 week estimate from order to delivery on the new X? If so, maybe their mats will be ready for Christmas. :)

Ya thats exactly what I was thinking

Before they released the info on their website I sent them an email asking if they were going to produce mats for the 11 Explorer.

The response was that they were in development.

Question out of the blue for you guys...being a Canadian living in Atlanta, my antennae are up more on this than others...but it seems like Explorer Forums and the Explorer Facebook page are "dominated" by Canadians. Certainly not proportional to the overall population of the respective countries. It has been a while since I lived in Toronto (15 years) but are Fords more popular in Canada than in the U.S.?

Question out of the blue for you guys...being a Canadian living in Atlanta, my antennae are up more on this than others...but it seems like Explorer Forums and the Explorer Facebook page are "dominated" by Canadians. Certainly not proportional to the overall population of the respective countries. It has been a while since I lived in Toronto (15 years) but are Fords more popular in Canada than in the U.S.?

Im in Vancouver and I can comment locally.

All 2011 Explorers that were delivered to dealers in this area were sold either before delivery or a couple days after delivery at dealership. None are sitting at dealers right now.

My dealer mentioned to me that they were frustrated because they can get enough Explorers, Edge's, F150's, MKS's, or the new Fiesta's because demand has exceeded supply right now.

He said they are losing customers because people don't want to wait for the current long delivery times.

What pisses me off is the MSRP price difference on vehicle between USA and CAN. The Can$ is almost $1.02 yet I priced same truck in the USA and it was almost $6000 cheaper. Thats X-Plan to X-Plan.

Im in Vancouver and I can comment locally.

All 2011 Explorers that were delivered to dealers in this area were sold either before delivery or a couple days after delivery at dealership. None are sitting at dealers right now.

My dealer mentioned to me that they were frustrated because they can get enough Explorers, Edge's, F150's, MKS's, or the new Fiesta's because demand has exceeded supply right now.

He said they are losing customers because people don't want to wait for the current long delivery times.

What pisses me off is the MSRP price difference on vehicle between USA and CAN. The Can$ is almost $1.02 yet I priced same truck in the USA and it was almost $6000 cheaper. Thats X-Plan to X-Plan.

Just curious what did you end up ordering and how much off the MSRP was the X-plan price? Oh and what exactly is this X-plan I keep hearing about?

Just curious what did you end up ordering and how much off the MSRP was the X-plan price? Oh and what exactly is this X-plan I keep hearing about?

The X plan is special discount you get because you work at a corporation or other entity that has made a special deal to become a "Partner" of Ford. There is a special web site you login to to see your discount. For me, the discount on the new EX is $1871. The good part is you can still use any public incentives that are in place at the time you get your vehicle. However, dealer participation in the X Plan is totally voluntary on their part.

Hmm I wonder if the government gets x-plan

Hmm I wonder if the government gets x-plan

Yes Government qualifies but its up to each individual dealer to agree to sell you a vehicle at X-Plan price.

Just shop around if your local dealer wont let you use it.

X-Plan also can be used in conjunction with the current bonus cash, and accessory cash offers.

Cool.

I am still looking into this as I am Canadian military. Not sure if we will qualify but we do by ford vehicles.....

Then, you may be able to use a military discount. However, I don't know how those work here in the States, much less Canada.

Then, you may be able to use a military discount. However, I don't know how those work here in the States, much less Canada.[/QUOTE

You should get X-Plan and $500 Military Bonus Cash

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Email response from MacNeil (Weathertech) today regarding the cargo liner:

Thank you for your interest in MacNeil Automotive.

Cargo liners are in development for the 2011 Explorer and we hope to have them available in the next three months. Feel free to fill out the Product Request Form found in the Customer Service section of the website and we will be able to contact you when the listing is updated.

Please let us know if you have further questions and we will be happy to help.

Back