WeatherTech Digital Floor Liners | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

WeatherTech Digital Floor Liners

What about the Ford all weather floor mats that are a $75 option? How do these compare to the Weathertech mats?

Well the Weathertech mats are dished so they will hold the water, which is good if you do any kind of driving in snow conditions. With those other mats the water will just slosh around when cornering, braking, accelerating and eventually spill into the carpeted surfaces. With the Weathertechs I'll take a shop vac to them as needed and suck out any excess water. At least that's the plan.

If you don't do any winter driving I think any basic mat will be fine, including the factory oem ones.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well the Weathertech mats are dished so they will hold the water, which is good if you do any kind of driving in snow conditions. With those other mats the water will just slosh around when cornering, braking, accelerating and eventually spill into the carpeted surfaces. With the Weathertechs I'll take a shop vac to them as needed and suck out any excess water. At least that's the plan.

If you don't do any winter driving I think any basic mat will be fine, including the factory oem ones.
The Weathertech and Husky mats are almost identical with the exception that the Husky front mats cover more of the carpet. They extend up and over that area between the foot well and the door sill and the rear lip of the front mats is also a bit higher. Both will do the job much, much better than the OEM all weather mats.

i live in houston so the OEM weather mats do just fine....we don't have to worry about tracking snow. and i don't live down a dirt road so mud isn't a worry either.....this is my first vehicle with all weather floor mats, and i LOVE it. i always used to be careful, tap my shoes before entering the vehicle, etc. in my previous cars. and although i'm still careful, i love not having to worry about wearing out the carpet.

The Weathertech and Husky mats are alomost identical with the exception that the Husky front mats cover more of the carpet. They extend up and over that area between the foot well and the door sill and the rear lip of the front mats is also a bit higher. Both will do the job much, much better than the OEM all weather mats.

The WT and Husky liners are pretty thick and might seem cumbersome to remove if you I wanted to use the third row.

Are there any liners out there that I can easily remove and fold/roll up and store it in the rear well. Can that be done with the WT or Husky liners?

The WT and Husky liners are pretty thick and might seem cumbersome to remove if you I wanted to use the third row.

Are there any liners out there that I can easily remove and fold/roll up and store it in the rear well. Can that be done with the WT or Husky liners?
Although I haven't tried rolling it up and putting in the well, when I received the Husky mat it was rolled up in a box. It is not cumbersome to remove. I have taken it out several times after I've taken a load of yard waste to the dump for recycling. I just pull the mat out, give it a shake and put it back. It actually quite light.

I have the Ford rear mat and imo it matches well with the WTs I have in the front. They have performed well protecting the area with full loads like luggage and boxes. And I think it's fliexible enough to roll up without issue. Great price < $100 and have explorer logo molded into it.

also... The WTs are excellent. I have them for all three rows and fit and look is perfect. the huskys do look like they cover more near the door sills.

Although I haven't tried rolling it up and putting in the well, when I received the Husky mat it was rolled up in a box. It is not cumbersome to remove. I have taken it out several times after I've taken a load of yard waste to the dump for recycling. I just pull the mat out, give it a shake and put it back. It actually quite light.

I just have the Form OEM cargo mat, works great, keep in the well when the third seat is in use, rolls out flat every time.

Weathertech Liners before and after pictures

Pictures with carpet in, removed and weathertech mats installed. Love the fit and finish. The only issue was the third row folded cargo liner is a little curled from being in box but will flatten out. Love the fit and finish. Great protection for otherwise unprotected third row flooring.

http://s1060.photobucket.com/albums...ordExplorer Weathertech Floor N Cargo Liners/

Ron, just curious what dealer you are at.. I live near Concord so you are not far from me.

Irwin's in Laconia. Stop by sometime. I will show you Storm and we can swap war stories. Any issues ever, give me a call or stop by. Also, I have to be careful what I talk about on here (got the call today).

Irwin's in Laconia. Stop by sometime. I will show you Storm and we can swap war stories. Any issues ever, give me a call or stop by. Also, I have to be careful what I talk about on here (got the call today).

We hope you weren't scolded too severely :)

All of the information that you have provided has been greatly appreciated!

Thanks for all of the pics, especially the 3rd row and cargo well. I was considering getting these but wasn't sure how they would look. Now I know, and I like.

VinceL,

Any questions that may be "sensitive" to Ford need to be PM'd to me. I will respond via PM. I have asked Ford to release My Ford Touch known issues to customers that will be resolved via a future update to put folks at ease AND to avoid millions of dollars in dealership visits and parts replacements that equate to peeing in the wind for Ford and the customer. Why keep this a secret?

Just got back from a trip to the coast of Maine and these puppies saved my carpets from the sugary sand of the Maine coast. Vacuumed and used light cleaner to sparkle back up. Third row moves a little if you are not gentle, but they worked great. I have buckets in the second row and they are a little loose in the third row, but better than no protection at all. The other areas stay in place like they were meant to be there.

Also, Lane Keeping, Adaptive Cruise and BLIS worked awesome on I-95. Really weird having the vehicle correct you when you drift, but awesome that it did! Guy cut me off while going with adaptive cruise on and Storm did what he was supposed to. BLIS kept letting me know someone was beside me. Got almost 25 mpg at 70 mph , so I was happy. My 4Runner would have gotten 18 at best and nowhere near as comfortable.

Wife was so comfortable she fell asleep on the trip home. She has not done that in 20 years because she was so worried about my driving. She saw Storm's safety features in action and dozed off. When I asked her why, she said she felt safer due to what she saw Storm doing.

great looking mats but its that WeatherTech gap of exposed carpet between the door sill and the edge of the mat that pushed me towards Husky.

My experience is the sides are not the issue. My wife's 2007 Camry Hybrid has regular all-weather mats we use year round to catch the sand, snow,salt,etc. the sides look brand new. I went for the better looking liners and have gotten lots of compliments already. May use factory all-weathers for summer and liners for winter. Have not decided yet.

Thanks for sharing Ron, I, too, like the look and texture of the Weathertech's a little better than the Husky's. The price is great with the Husky's but your picture's sealed the deal for me on what I'm ordering. Thanks for sharing!

My experience is the sides are not the issue. My wife's 2007 Camry Hybrid has regular all-weather mats we use year round to catch the sand, snow,salt,etc. the sides look brand new. I went for the better looking liners and have gotten lots of compliments already. May use factory all-weathers for summer and liners for winter. Have not decided yet.

That carpet spot between the mat and door sill is where the snow, ice, mud, and dirt, all drops off your boots/shoes when your foot hits the sill or just swings in. I see it as the most vulnerable so I wanted it protected.

Your right though, the WeatherTech look a little higher end.

Its coverage vs looks.....I went with coverage.

The price we got also helped a great deal too.

Hey Ron,

On the third row, I have had these as well but I noticed the back edge curled real bad. I contacted WeatherTech and they told me someone had been stepping on it and I told them no one even sits back there. Anyway they instructed me to sit it out in the sun and try that. Well it didn't work so I contacted them and they send out another mat no questions asked.

The problem I have is the rear of the liner does not sit in the floor pan properly. If I push it down then the rear starts to bow in. You can tell over time this will curl again.

Am I the only one? It is the same part # with or without the console, and I have the console as do you.

Thanks,
Scott

WeatherTech Floor Mats

Anyone purchased the WeatherTech mats for the Explorer?

Any issues with the edges curling that are turned up to trap liquids?

I bought the Husky ones and returned them. I am about to order the all-weather ones from WeatherTech. I didn't like the slick plastic feel of the Husky ones, I want a rubber mat. But I haven't ordered them yet, so I can't tell you how I like them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The WeatherTech's are appealing with their digital imaging custom contouring.

Pricey......$179+for 1st two rows

Back