• Register Today It's free!

Crankcase vent tube

Ryant35

Reaction score
City, State
Cypress
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 XLT
Tire shop noticed by crank case vent tube was snapped off the factory intake. Probably service from the previous owner who wasn't careful.

Is there any easy fix?

K9K63SPh.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I’d try and find a plastic barbed fitting that was fairly snug, and epoxy it in.

Maybe you could find a replacement at the junk yard.

I’d try and find a plastic barbed fitting that was fairly snug, and epoxy it in.
I have the piece that broke off, it's still in the rubber tube. Maybe I could epoxy that back on.

I have the piece that broke off, it's still in the rubber tube. Maybe I could epoxy that back on.
You can use a variable temp soldering iron/woodburner to sort of "weld" broken plastic parts together. I can't say if that plastic will melt okay, but it may be worth a try. If you can find a scrap piece of similar plastic, you can use it as a filler to strengthen your "weld". You can use a dremel or small file to lightly clean up your "weld" and make it more visually appealing.

Tire shop noticed by crank case vent tube was snapped off the factory intake. Probably service from the previous owner who wasn't careful.

Is there any easy fix?

K9K63SPh.jpg
Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I wanted to know if you drove at all with it like this? Like is it safe?

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I wanted to know if you drove at all with it like this? Like is it safe?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

I don't think so, I did start to get an error code eventually. That is why I replaced it.

Back