• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Has anyone heard of, found, or experienced a solution to the Ford Explorer exhaust issue?

• Total voters

Odrapnew

Reaction score
City, State
MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
17N03 included the drain valves as well. I had it done on my 14 even though I didn't have any issues. They installed those drain valves you reference.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

JAPeterson

Reaction score
City, State
Gypsum, Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 XLT
Why pay for them yourself? Just call your dealer and check if your Explorer has any open recalls, then take it in and have them take care of it while you enjoy a couple cups of coffee.

sebastiansancho

Reaction score
City, State
Cartago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Limited
Why pay for them yourself? Just call your dealer and check if your Explorer has any open recalls, then take it in and have them take care of it while you enjoy a couple cups of coffee.
Forgot to mention I live in Costa Rica and I imported the car from Florida. I own a used car dealership in Cartago, Costa Rica. The Ford dealership here won't perform any recalls issued in the US. So I'm on my own down here!

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Welcome to the Forum Sebastian. :wave:

Peter

sebastiansancho

Reaction score
City, State
Cartago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Limited
UPDATE:
I installed the drain plugs on the lift gate, absolutely no improvement.
I found a hole in the escape system, right where the main pipe coming from the engine forks out to the dual exhaust pipes. By covering the exhaust tips I noticed a LOT of fumes coming from this hole straight up towards the trunk bottom. I soldered it, will go test drive right now and post an update.