Oil pressure gauge flicker | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Oil pressure gauge flicker

Just pulled the codes, misfire in 1 and 3

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is this an OHV or a SOHC V6?

When's the last time you replaced plugs and wires?

it’s a ohv v6 and I changed the wires and plugs last spring, I just replaced the plugs in those that was misfiring a bit ago and still doing it so wire or injector?

it’s a ohv v6 and I changed the wires and plugs last spring, I just replaced the plugs in those that was misfiring a bit ago and still doing it so wire or injector?

I'm beginning to think possible cracked head or maybe a head gasket, which are not uncommon with the OHV engine. It's a bit odd that it's two cylinders that are not adjacent though. Maybe other's will give their opinions on this.

Edit:
I wonder if it might be coil pack related?

https://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/ford/4.0L/how-to-test-a-misfire-1

How would I diagnose it?

And about 6 months ago I put a new coil pack in

I went out and looked around the truck and the only thing I seen was a leak behind the downstream o2 sensor where the gasket is and whenever it misses I hear it puffing where the exhaust leak is

Just found out what it was, a cracked spark plug

Just found out what it was, a cracked spark plug

2 cracked spark plugs? You had said misfires on cyl 1 & 3.

2 cracked spark plugs? You had said misfires on cyl 1 & 3.
1 was good so i don’t know why it was missing only 3 was cracked but changed it and running fine so far and no codes

Could be the voltage regulator.

I swapped out the alternator today, so we'll see. I had a brand new one sitting in the garage so I figured why not.

Back