• Register Today It's free!

2001 sport trac drivers seat

blkot56

Reaction score
City, State
Selmer, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport Trac
I need to replace the seat in my husband's 2001 sport trac (manual). Having a hard time finding one. What other seats will interchange with this one?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any seat from '95-01 Explorers will bolt right in, but the fabric and shape will be different. I think the seats from '89-90 Bronco II, and pre-'95 Explorers also bolt right in. I swapped driver's side seats from '97 or '98 Explorers into both of my Sport Tracs. Neither match the original seats on the passenger side in fabric or shape, but with seat covers on, you'd have to look close and know what you're looking for to notice.

Any seat from '95-01 Explorers will bolt right in, but the fabric and shape will be different. I think the seats from '89-90 Bronco II, and pre-'95 Explorers also bolt right in. I swapped driver's side seats from '97 or '98 Explorers into both of my Sport Tracs. Neither match the original seats on the passenger side in fabric or shape, but with seat covers on, you'd have to look close and know what you're looking for to notice.

As I understand it, you can use front seats out of any Explorer/Mountaineer or Sport Trac 1995 through maybe 2010. Obviously the newer the seat the better condition it will likely be in. The seats part are all held to the frame (the part that bolts to the floor) with just 4 bolts and the bolt patterns for the seats are that same. You might even be able to use front seats from an F150 or Expedition, but I don't know that for sure.

2 places I recommend to look: eBay or junkyard. I purchased mine from LKQ online and it was out of a wrecked sport trac with 45k. I waited a couple months until I found one in great condition and the correct color.

-Scott

Don’t Ranger seats fit too? They swap in Explorer seats all the time.

Back