2WD Offroad

swak6287

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Rockwall tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Keep us updated on when you get your aussie locker. I would like to know how well it works. Its either this or a powertrax.

oh my... only another one 2wd-ers out of all the poepl here. now, u know 2wd also apply to 4wd who are not locked, i.e. 1wd at rear and 1wd at front. heheh. will keep u posted on the aussie locker deal.

check out Alec's old ride, Splat. That was 2wd, supercharged, posi... been to moab. In the other sense I'm 2wd since I don't even have limited slip.

OMG a 2wd thread COOL. Yeh Im 2wd too and also wanting an ausielocker. Some custom long travel front suspension would be nice too.

I'm drooling over the sound of long travel arms.:p That would be somethin. What kind of a differential would be ideal in the sand dunes? Or elevating dirt trails?

shot.. the long travel arms would probably cost an arm and a log... but i do think they had done it at the ranger tread. just got my 15x8 rims... put it on tomorrow and we shall see what it looks like. anyone here running 33s othwer then me?

Well, I was :rolleyes:

4x2!!

Attachments

• toy3quarter.jpg
    toy3quarter.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 266

I am 2wd and running 33's.
Also long travel arms are not that expensive they cost about the same as a set for a Ranger.

u running 33s on the VW? heheh. hey alec, why do u have to go out and see the xplorer... i am the only one here in tx i think that takes his 2wd...1wd out wheeling. kinda lonely.

How is the Powertrax compared to the Aussie locker?

Does anyone know?

I'm a 2wd Sport. And I'm leaning toward going offroading.

haktmal where are you planning to go offroad? i got a 2wd 4dr and im saving up for a lift right now. mabye when were both done we can hit up some places since im like 60 miles away from LA

You guys should get with Jefe. He lives right down the 126 from you and he knows all the hot spots round there.

Brans
It's not going to be for a while.
Now I'm still doing homework on the lift job.

It's more tricky to lift a Sport.
Then I need to regear and get a locker.

It'll be long...

haktmal,
u can do the BL and TT and shackle and easily fit 32 or 33s. that will be a start. that is what i did. less then 200 bucks for this lift. well, that does not include tires. give it a shot... it is fun..especially when u drive u are the same height as the F150s.

Dont ya think you should re-gear before you lift it and add larger tires?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i am running 33s with 3.55 open rear. not bad at all. i mean, we are not driving a sprts car.. not taking corners at 40 mph. pick up at stand still is bearable.

Back