Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

Jefe's 2000 Ford Explorer XLT

I second that!! Love that X! Congrats Jefe!
  2. 9

Bumper Ideas...

So, how many of you watched the very cool Bargain Beater Cherokee build-up that Stacey recently did on Trucks!?? Watching him test fit and mount that rear Cliffhanger bumper from BJ's Offroad.com got me wondering... Would a BJ's Cherokee bumper fit our Explorers? They sound reasonably...
  3. 9

super swamper friend or foe

Depends upon what gears you have now, how many tire sizes you go up, your trans and your powerplant... For example, I have factory 4.10s in my Explorer EB and didn't regear when I went from the stock EB tire size (~31s) to my 285/75R16s (~33-34s). It works well for me. I did give up some...
  4. 9

super swamper friend or foe

I've had both Goodyear MT/Rs and Swamper SSRs in 285/75R16 - actually still have my SSRs. Some thoughts: MT/Rs Completely disagree. Great off-road tire, no question - but definitely not the best on-road. Noisy. Only got ~20K out of em. My biggest complaint is that they are NOT siped...
  5. 9

New Camaro Concept

My first car was a 1984 Pontiac Firebird, which is based on the same platform as the Camaro. I LOVE IT!!! Very aggressive, tuff stance... reminiscent of the Muscle car era...much like the new mustang is somewhat of a throw-back... I think Ford did an OK / good job with the new Mustang...
  6. 9

Paragon trip - Feb. 25th-26th 2006

I don't know the park nearly as well as Skunk, so I mean no disprespect, and not to ruin the more experienced / hard core wheelers good time, but I'd take this with a grain of salt. Good is a relative term. I think it depends upon (1) how hard you are willing to push your X, (2) how much damage...
  7. 9

3.27 open to 3.73 ls worth it ?

Already been covered, but I agree with those who say don't waste your time and money on the 3.73s. I've got a 97 4.0 SOHC with 285/75R16 SSRs (33s that were much closer to 34s when new) and 4.10s have been fine for me on, and off road - and I can be pretty heavy with the right foot. Like...
  8. 9

T+M Doubler install discussion

May be selling my Doubler All, I'm thinking about selling mine. Brand new, still in the box - complete with all the popcorn packing. Any interest? Bought a 72 Bronco to wheel, so I'm no longer building up the X. Maybe I should see if I can put the T&M in the Bronco behind, or in front...
  9. 9

Paragon, finally?

I took my explorer there for the first time the Saturday of the Dec 2004 Monthly ride. There were only 4 groups from stock to tube buggies. I was in the second group, along with a stock H2, stock S10, stock late model Range Rover, modified BII, and a couple of Wranglers, including two Rubis...
  10. 9

What to paint the under body with?

You should also check out POR15.
  11. 9

We're in the same boat. The wife and I just moved into a house, so funds and time for the truck are low. Doubler, 1" body lift pucks form 4Crawler, All Pro Off Road rock sliders, Fumoto F-106N and a few parts for the Dana 44 are all just sitting in a pile in the garage. It's pretty much slow...
  12. 9

I'm thinking even more of joining the darkside...

Although I've never owned one, I think Jeeps are awesome! I've always loved the CJ, Scramblers and Wrangles, esp the 97 & up TJs, and the new Unlimited. (The Liberty and concept Gladiator just don't do it for me...) I used to love cruisin the Jersey shore with the top dropped and the doors...
  13. 9

Almost a month since my last request for an update, with no replies... any updates? Anyone actually install this thing and use it, or has everyone sold theirs except me? :( Any updates on a rear mounted FST gas tank? hello, anyone, anyone, Bueller?
  14. 9

Explorer Dyno Day in B'ham results w/bamachips..

WOW!! :eek: :eek: Awesome work!! Awesome write-up!! :thumbsup: If I read and interpretted everything correctly, I think I heard the following with regard to increasing performance for a naturally aspirated SOHC 4.0: (1) Don't waste money on Throttle Body Spaces, Mass Air Flow...
  15. 9

project green meanie

:eek: :eek: AWESOME PROJECT :eek: :eek: Can't wait to see more progress!!! hhhhhmmmmm unimog / portal axles... are they full width, do you have to cut them down, etc. etc. Good luck.
  16. 9

Rock Rings? Or Thicker Cover?

Actually just bought the Crane High Clearance (CHC) cover for the EB Dana 44 that's gonna replace the IFS under my front-end some time soon. That thing is STOUT!!! :thumbsup: (Only wish it had a drain hole.) Things I really like about this CHC cover are that (1) it is SOLID as hell - probably...
  17. 9

Checking for updates... Anybody get their doubler installed and running yet? How'd the install go? Any issues, how's the build / materials quality? How's the ultra-low? Jefe / Rick - Any update on a Winter designed, FST built rear tank? When can we start seeing and ordering these?
  18. 9

new t-case option....

Any updates on this BW with the 4.03:1 that will be an option for the new H3s... Might go real nice behind my Tom's Doubler... :eek: GJarrett, I say go ask for details, pricing, gears if you can. Never hurts to ask!
  19. 9

running offroad in water

There's a lot more to do first, all of which will contribute to greater overall offroad performance than removing the cat. Like a lift, tires, locker(s), diff gears, gear reduction (ie. doubler, Atlas II), snorkel, high-flow fitler, chip / programmer, etc. For all the Big-Bawgs and Hard-Core...
  20. 9

Can't seem to keep Explorers in one piece

Actually, one of the main reasons I don't have a brushguard or pushbar is because I hear they actually cause more damanage than they prevent. Because of the way most of these bars mount to the frame, they tend to bend backwards into your grill, hood, possibly fenders and lights, etc. with even...
  21. 9

Can't seem to keep Explorers in one piece

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Rick. In NJ, you would be technically at fault - or at least bear most of the fault burden. Traffic going straight through the intersection obviously has the right-of-way. Since you were turning left across and in front of this oncoming traffic, it is...
  22. 9

Exercise Four Wheel Drive

I've also heard this and tend to believe it. Supposedly it helps keep all of the electrical connections and moving parts in the transfer case and transfer case motor in good working condidition, lubricated, etc. Since the focus seems to be entirely on working the transfer case, and t-case...
  23. 9

Things you would like to see in a Gen 2 Bumper

The problem I have with this is that I can't weld. So, it wouldn't make sense for me to pay for the bumper twice... once to you for the parts and a second time to someone else locally to weld it together, test-fit, adjust, etc. If I'm gonna have to go through all that with a local welder...
  24. 9

Things you would like to see in a Gen 2 Bumper

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the Bulletproof Mfg. front bumpers and carriers: http://www.bulletproofmfg.com/ I really like the plate & tube combination. If not a combo of both, I like the plate style bumpers better than all tube. The one from Protofab that BKennedy modified for his X looks awesome...
  25. 9

Explorer Specific Body Lifts by 4Crawler

Zhanx - No Worries, and NO need to apologize!! Didn't know you were in the service. What branch? :us: Be Safe!! :us: God Bless!! :us: ...and SINCERE THANKS for doing what you're doing! :us: :thumbsup:
Back