Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

Wheels & tires for 2006 Explorer

I have 265 on it now and they were on before I put the lift/leveling kit on it. 285 will be tight but I think they will fit.
  2. 1

Wheels & tires for 2006 Explorer

Looking at the pro comp steel wheels but not sure if the off set will work. I want to try to fit 285/75/16 (I wanted 17s but can’t find any). It’s lifted with spacers in the front and rear. What off set is everyone running with a similar set up?
  3. 1

Question about leveling kits for a 4th gen

I want to lift/level my 2006. Right now it sits 1/2 higher in the rear. I will be installing all new struts when I install the leveling kit. I want the biggest tire I can fit on here so I'm thinking 3 inch front and 2 inch rear but I am concerned the front will sit hire than the rear. I...
  4. 1

2006 Ford Explorer radio replacement options

I have a 2006 Explorer with the 6 disc in dash changer. It has the rear entertainment also. Any newer Ford radio options with minimal modifications that will allow me to connect to the radio with my phone. Navigation is a plus. Thank you.
  5. 1

Not a new member but I'm back.

I have had many different generations of Explorers and currently looking for a 2007 to 2010 to get back into. Just sold a 2010 Raptor and loved it but after 6 years of ownership I got bored with it. I am picky, I want a black on black fully loaded with the 4.6l. My search is making me think I...
  6. 1

Biggest A/T tire size on stock 17 inch rims for a 2006 Explorer?

I did a search but only came up with 18in wheel sizes or lifted trucks. I am back with a 2006 Explorer and it needs new tires and wanted to know the biggest I can put on it with no issues, truck is completely stock with stock 17in rims. I read that 265/70/17 would fit with no rubbing but I can...
  7. 1

Mustang SOHC engine swap coming...

Your 94 Explorer is OBD1 and your 2005 stang is OBD2. A lot of wiring to overcome to get everything to work properly.
  8. 1

Jen's 03 Sport

I have been following this thread since it started because at the time I had a 2001 Sport. Same color and everything except I only raised mine about 2 inches with shackles and cranking the torsion bars but it cleared 31s no problem. I ended up trading it in on a 2010 Raptor but still miss it a...
  9. 1

The PCM was replaced, and it won't start. Maybe it's a PATS issue?

Ok let me know I may be heading up there Tuesday.
  10. 1

The PCM was replaced, and it won't start. Maybe it's a PATS issue?

How far are you from Foxwoods? I'm planning to go up there within the next week and I can program your computer for you. I can also program another key for you if you want.
  11. 1

New Explorer club in Massachusetts.

Any trails up near you? I bought a 2010 Raptor a few months ago.
  12. 1

I don't have an Explorer anymore but I am still looking for some new trails. If there are good ones in your area please let me know.
  13. 1

coolant problem and noises

Have you tried pressure testing the coolant system? It's the easiest way to find a small leak.
  14. 1

01 Explorer Sport rear spring question.

I need to replace my rear springs in my 01 Sport. I just replaced them last year with an after market set from a local auto parts store and they have been nothing but a problem since, they squeeked really bad soon after I installed them and after a little off roading last week I broke a leaf...
  15. 1

4.0 SOHC crankshaft to jackshaft chain failure??

Well the motor got delivered Wed. and I got her running last night but I finished her up today and have put about 200 miles on it today.
  16. 1

The manual transmission Mustangs came with the balance shaft.
  17. 1

I pulled the timing cover off yesterday and everything looked really good and at first I couldn't see any reason why the cam chains wouldn't move. When I turned the crank the sprocket on the crank doesn't move, the woodruff key was broken but I don't see that being the only thing keeping the...
  18. 1

Is this common in these motors? A little history on this truck. It's an 01 sport with an 08 SOHC motor from a Mustang. The motor had about 12k on it when I installed it last year and I put roughly 30k miles on it since then. Ever since the motor swap I always had a rough idle that seemed to...
  19. 1

I used to go to the Freetown Forrest a lot a few years back. I still actually take my truck there at least once a month. I am down to go if anyone else wants to. Also like Benfrench said EP never bother you out there as long as you are not doing anything stupid.
  20. 1

No good news to report from my swap. I have been chasing down a coolant leak for the past few weeks. It was coming from the top of the water pump so I replaced that only to find it still leaking the next day. I removed the intake today to find a pool of coolant under it that looks like it...
  21. 1

01 Explorer with 08 SOHC motor, rough idle.

Still the same problem however now it seems to be down on a little power mainly on the highway. I am starting to think I have a cat that is going bad. I replaced the crank pulley with a new one from Ford which i believe helped a little but i still have the rough idle. Also I tried different...
  22. 1

01 Explorer with 08 SOHC motor, rough idle.

LTFT last I checked which was yesterday were -1% on both banks. STFT stay around 0%.
  23. 1

I used my injectors and had no fitment issues.
  24. 1

I will definately check the damper tomorrow. I would love to put Explorer plugs in there but i am afraid to damage the motor because they are not the correct length if Ford did some design change in the later SOHC motors.
Back