Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

00 Ranger XLT

This is my 2000 Ranger... It has a 4.0, 4x4, and... well, that's about it... Of course you can see the aftermarket stuff to make it look different from all the other Rangers... I've already painted the grille inserts black. In the future, I'm going to lift it about 2", and maybe do a 3" body...
  2. C

Superlift 5.5" vs Skyjacker 6" for 91 XLT

Do you have ABS??? I'm wondering what to do about brake lines on my 94, since I plan on getting the 5.5" kit in January or so, but haven't heard of any extended ABS lines... Another question so I don't start a new thread: Would it be a problem if I got some F-150 spacers and kept my...
  3. C

painting the whole truck with bed liner

My opinion: If you do it, get the smooth stuff... Especially if it's a daily driver. I keep seeing on old Chevy pickup in town covered with bumpy green bedliner, it looks like it's covered in grass... Makes me want to ram things...
  4. C

ABS Light

It's been on all day today... And It's come on and gone off a few times since I originally posted... How can I check/replace the sensor? Is it an expensive part????
  5. C

ABS Light

So I went out wheelin' on Wednesday and got my truck almost totally covered in mud... On my way home, and all day thursday, the ABS light was on... After I spent $15 and 20 minutes at the car wash, no more light... Maybe an issue with mud or something??? Whadda y'all think?
  6. C

Grand Cherokees

It's got a 4.0... Still waiting on the guy's dad to put it up for sale... :)
  7. C

Looking for pics - 2" susp plus 2-3" body lifts

Actually, good sir: My brush guard attaches to the bumper... I wish it attached to the frame, but that's what I get for spending $300 at D's 4WD and expecting anything of quality...
  8. C

Redrig has exactly the look I'm going for :) All y'all have nice looking rigs, but Redrig's is definately what I want mine to look like... only green... and with a brush guard... and black rims... and whatever else makes mine look different than his... :)
  9. C

I'm looking for some pics of 91-94 Explorers with 2 inch suspension lifts AND 2 or 3 inch body lifts... I'm thinking already about jacking my Explorer up another couple inches, the 2 inch lift is a noticable difference to me, but not the general public... I was talking to a chick and she said...
  10. C

Lift n00b

I can answer the first question... A suspension lift replaces parts of your suspension, so it lowers the axles, and raises the frame... this, plus bigger tires, is what gives you a lot of ground clearance so you can go over boulders and junk... A body lift replaces your body mounts... Your...
  11. C

My 2" Skyjacker Lift

I tried getting tires, but no one will finance me for some reason... I have credit and all that... I just don't have $600 or more sitting around unused, and by the time I could save that much I'll be away with the Air Force, not using my truck for 4 months... I'm thinking I might go to the...
  12. C

Anyone Have a Proline Safari Basket?

*bump* still looking for a pic of this rack on an Explorer... :)
  13. C

My 2" Skyjacker Lift

Well, it took over 6 months of trying to find people, parts, tools, and info to install my 2" lift kit. Today, I finally was able to get together with a friend of mine who has access to the college shop with a lift and impact wrench... Here are some after pics, and a couple before pics too...
  14. C

Grand Cherokees

For as long as I've been old enough to drive (nearly 4 years, wow I'm getting old), I've wanted to get a Grand Cherokee and jack it up a few inches for some mild wheeling and such. The only problem is, they're all so darn expensive. I was trying to find one to replace my 91 Explorer, but when...
  15. C

New rims for a German Explorer...

Wow... I've always wanted a crew cab Ranger/B2500... I wonder if they'll bring it to the good ol' USA any time soon?!?!
  16. C

A/C Recharging

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet.... 94 has to be the greatest year... Still has the badass body style, all the good aftermarket parts, but most of the good stuff of the 95+ :D :D
  17. C

A/C Recharging

What years had the R-12? I have a 94, will I need to switch to R-134??
  18. C

Solved HID Projector Pics

Do you suppose there might be a way to get a clear, unrippled lens? Or perhaps making some kind of custom thing painted the same color as the truck, so just the projector is showing? I really like the look of the new Grand Cherokees for example, with the clear lens and projector looking...
  19. C

Solved HID Projector Pics

Does it look any different than the factory lights? Would someone walking by your truck in the day time be able to know that you have aftermarket lights?
  20. C

Prefer Auto. or Manual Transmission?

I don't know if I've answered this one yet or not, so here goes... My Explorer is an auto... I have this thing against most trucks with sticks, it's just not right for some reason... However, my dad had a 2001 Ranger for a short time that he borrowed from my half-brother... That thing had a...
  21. C

Wildcat Brush Guard

I only took four pics... Not much was happening, I think partly because of the rain, so I took off early and visited some friends I have in Ft. Collins... http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1092843/page/0/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/1 <-- post with pics...
  22. C

Wildcat Brush Guard

It was supposed to take 30 minutes. It took three days. I thought I had sufficient tools. I made 4 trips to Home Depot in three different vehicles. Most of all, I got ripped off. It all started with a trip to the local 4x4 shop. I normally go to Ft. Collins 4x4, but it's 45 minutes away...
  23. C

I need to get this bolt off...

Can't get the socket in there, so I can't get a joint attachment either :(
  24. C

I do have a wrench that fits... but space in there is so limited it'd take quite a while to get the nut off... And that's after I break it loose...
  25. C

I got my brush guard in today, and I put it together and was attempting to attach it, but I'm having some issues. The photo below is color-coded. It is a photo of the inside of my bumper. the chunk of metal with light blue on it is the frame (passenger side). The pink on the bottom is where...
Back