Looking for pics - 2" susp plus 2-3" body lifts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for pics - 2" susp plus 2-3" body lifts

Capman2k

Reaction score
City, State
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Ranger XLT
I'm looking for some pics of 91-94 Explorers with 2 inch suspension lifts AND 2 or 3 inch body lifts... I'm thinking already about jacking my Explorer up another couple inches, the 2 inch lift is a noticable difference to me, but not the general public... I was talking to a chick and she said she didn't think my truck was lifted... so I want to make it LOOK like it has a lift kit... I didn't pay $200 just so I could know I have more ground clearance, I did it so people would look at my truck and say "Wow, he's got a big truck." :)

So I want to see how the body lift looks with the suspension lift...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's mine witha 2 inch suspension and 3 inch body lift.

16785lift.jpg

Heres mine with 2" susp. and 3' body.

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,068

its the 2" lift + the 31" tires that is making your truck look stock, I had the same thing with my truck, 2" susp lift and 31"s the space in the wheel wells makes the truck look like its not lifted, I went to a 2" body + 2.5 suspension and 33" tires, at a glance it still looked unlifted unless you know how big the tires are suppost to be that are on it or know where the center line of axels vs the bottom of the truck should be, seems when most people think lifted truck the think of some monster pickup with enough space in the wells to sit on top of the tires
Try taking a look at a stock height X then look at the spacing you have on yours from the top of the tire to the fenders and I think you will see what I mean, guess you could put it that the 2" lift + 31"s is the right aspect ratio to keep the truck looking right vs most lifted pick ups that look big because of the 3 feet of open wheel well...

Pic 2" susplift only on 31"s
Dead Link Removed

Pic 2.5" suspension + 2" body and 33"s (look at the rear tire space not the front there was no motor in the truck in this photo)
Dead Link Removed

Pic 5-6" suspension + 2" body and 33"s (sorry only shot I have of the truck other then flexed out on the rocks)
Sideshot.jpg

u want to stand out, go buy the Superlift kit and get plenty of clearance and "chicks" looking at ur truck, should do the trick

heck down around my area the biggest lift possible for my truck still wouldn't make mine stand out really, people who know would prob notice, but i'd still have excursions/f-150/silverado/u name it pulling up next to me at stop lights rolling 14" lifts with 44s, make mine look like a toy, good luck hope u find something that works for u

Redrig has exactly the look I'm going for :)

All y'all have nice looking rigs, but Redrig's is definately what I want mine to look like... only green... and with a brush guard... and black rims... and whatever else makes mine look different than his... :)

A brush guard will be more of a challenge with a body lift than you think. Prob is a brush guard will attach to the frame. WHen you add a body lift you create more space between the body and frame than before. So your brush guard would sit too low and look funny. The challenge would be fabbing up some brackets to put the guard in the propper position. Even tougher would be to make it Strong when doing this. I have done it for a friend and its not terribly tough if you are handy with a welder.

Actually, good sir:

438239.jpg

My brush guard attaches to the bumper... I wish it attached to the frame, but that's what I get for spending $300 at D's 4WD and expecting anything of quality...

Here is mine with a 2" suspension lift (almost) and a 2" body lift.

Attachments

• picture_0241a.jpg
    picture_0241a.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 2,328

Back