Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

HELP!!! Drivetrain/Front End

Well for a another bump...and some more info. I crawled under the X night before last and started thinking(great place to think, eh?). I turn the front driveshaft back and forth a few times while examining the c/v axles. the driver's side rotates, no suprise there, and the passenger's side...
  2. S

Bump...Bump...Anybody else have an opinion on it?
  3. S

Ok, a quick run-down...about 4 years ago I twisted my torsion bars and put shackles in the back of my 1998 Explorer Sport (Auto, 4x4). I took it to get new tires about a week ago and got a phone call. I needed new upper ball joints (imagine that). I replaced the lower ball joints myself about...
  4. S

HELP!!!Turns over and over but no start

:( :( :( Ok long story short...2 months ago went outside to go to class my explorer would turn over but not crank later that day...cranked right up a few times in a row...the next day it wouldnt crank all day and cranked the next day. i took it to the sop and of course it cranked every time...
  5. S

Fuel Filter

Ideas...comments....suggestions......ive got the clips off of each side of the fuel filter and still cannot get the lines to come off any ideas?
  6. S

Shocks for a Lifted 1998 Explorer Sport

i have a 1998 explorer sport lifted 1 1/4 inches and i was wondering what shocks i need. any help is appreciated!
  7. S

AC stays on when i turn off my ex?!?!?!

ok problem solved....one of the relays under the hood was stuck....replaced it today with a bosch relay and all is well....( relay # 7 or 8 i dont remember exactly which one it was)
  8. S

AC stays on when i turn off my ex?!?!?!

Hey i hope yall can help me out....i made a trip down to the beach this weekend and was driving from panama city to destin....when i got to destin i turned off my explorer and the ac stayed on and on and on....i can turn it to the off position and it will still stay on until moved from the "max"...
  9. S

Jensen VM9510

legally speaking...as long as the screen is in sight of the driver no movie can be played etc.... but realistically speaking...it's completely possible and easy at that...just ground the pink wire.
  10. S

Eclipse Sirius Satellite Radio Problem

I work at CKR Mobile Electronics. We have 3 locations 2 in Montgomery, Alabama and one in prattville....yea i hear ya, we had eclipse training a while back and the Rep. was telling us that there are only about 250 Eclipse retail stores in the U.S.
  11. S

Eclipse Sirius Satellite Radio Problem

ok, here we go i've had my Eclipse 5435 since the day we got them in at work and i had contemplated getting the sirius tuner for it (the SIR-ECL1 that eclipse has been promising forever). It's been a few months and i hadnt sold one yet to really see how it would turn out, so i bought one friday...
  12. S

What bypass do i need to run stock HU and aftermarket sub amp?

I usually hook the hi-lo converter up in the radio harness behind the radio(ONLY IF THE SYSTEM IS NOT EXTERNALLY AMPLIFIED), because that way if you ever do switch to an aftermarket HU your RCAs are right there and you dont have to run them otherwise tap in on the speaker side of the amp but i...
  13. S

Top Secret Impedance Of Ford/JBL Subwoofer

ive got just the speaker out of my 1998 sport if i can find it and you want it e-mail me Stuman78424@aol.com
  14. S

Better Bass? 6.5 or 6X8 Size

Just an 18 year old's philosophy..........round speakers are more accurate because of the equal distance from the voice coil to the surround, all the way around. if you want a little bass get a 10 inch sub and put it in a midsized enclosure, you'll be much more satisfied. oh yea and the best of...
  15. S

Squeeeeeeeeeeeky front end

I had the same problem with the squeek(while turning as well, it was godaweful)...i went on and replaced the lower ball joints...problem solved, they were shot...for $17 a side plus $100 deposit to rent the balljoint press. it was worth it and my ex drives better now too...if you decide to do...
  16. S

Help Ball Joints!

oh yea and to those who say that the ball joint press wont fit on a 4x4 i stand to have proved you wrong just throw...yea i said throw the spindle/axle on top of the front swaybar and tie it off somehow and the press fits fine
  17. S

Help Ball Joints!

i got 'er dun so to speak....didnt take too much time today to get it off it was a good bit warmer outside so i didnt about freeze to death, one i got the spindle off the durn balljoint it was easy as all get out. a few quick turns of a big c clamp and i was on my way to putting it back...
  18. S

Help Ball Joints!

where did you hit the spindle to get it off? is there a sweet spot so to speak?
  19. S

Help Ball Joints!

thanks for your help, i've got a couple 2 arm pullers so i'll give it a shot tomorrow when i get in from school...my only transportation now is a friend's 2001 civic....ive got to get my X back up and going before i get use to the civic's good gas milage and overall riceness
  20. S

Help Ball Joints!

man, i've beat the sh** out of this thing
  21. S

Help Ball Joints!

ok big problem i'm replacing the right lower ball joint and cant get the spindle off of the ball joint stud, ive given it heck, heated it too....any ideas
  22. S

Something Doesn't Look Right... *several pics*

i bent mine by using it as a jack point.....yes, i'm gifted i appriciate the comments in advance....
  23. S

Remote Starter question

one of 2 things...1) you have to have 2 keys to program a bypass module 3rd...4th..so on or 2) they actually put the one of keys in the dash either one is to "trick the car into thinking that the key is in the ignition during the remote start" because without the chip thats in the key the car...
  24. S

Remote Starter question

no the pill has 2 wires coming off of it that go to a certain form of a relay one grounds out and the other gets power only when the remote start is activated...the PATS does a scan for the chip(pill) as soon as the ignition is in accessory mode whether it be via key or remote start bypass module
  25. S

Remote Starter question

the only way they can lose the code is if it's reflashed or the PATS(Poor A$$ Technical S***) module goes bad i have read on here about that happening
Back