Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

can't get the transfer case motor back on the transfer case

if that didnt make any sense please tell me...to tell you the truth i'm a little flustered b/c i've been working on this for two nights...
  2. T

can't get the transfer case motor back on the transfer case

ok, i just finished cleaning the contacts in the transfer case motor b/c my 4x4 isnt working, and so i'm going to put everything back in but somehow the female end on the motor got turned a little so the shaft from the transfer case itself wont fit in it...my question is, how do i turn the...
  3. T

question about cleaning contacts in transfer case

yeah yeah like the female end that the pointed shaft off the transfer case goes into? lol that might have sounded a little dirty but that's the only way i know to explain it....i didnt move it when i took it off and it looks like it's lining up...i mean does it take a lot of strength to push it...
  4. T

lol i can see how the heading might be confusing...but has anyone out there done this? i have the motor back together but i cant get it back on the actual transfer case...any tips? anyone? thanks, turner
  5. T

AGING SUCKS

you know i was about to change the stock fuel filter in my '93...cuz i figured it was about time w/110,000 miles...but i looked in my haynes manual and it recommended NOT to change the fuel filter unless it becomes clogged and starts to give you trouble...so if it's not acting up i wouldnt mess...
  6. T

hey there....my 4x4 stopped working and i found out that it is a common problem w/explorers...i had all the symptoms and everything so as of right now the transfer case motor is hanging from under my truck...i'm just waiting on my brother to get home to help me get those darn springs and copper...
  7. T

RACING MUSIC

RPM by sugar ray...the title says it all...
  8. T

won't go into gear after being parked...HELP

yeah that's what i was thinkin but it seems to only do it when it's really hot outside (i live in miss.)...if it's cool/cold weather it doesnt do it...so i dont know...i'll keep drivin it til it breaks i guess..
  9. T

won't go into gear after being parked...HELP

hey there....i have a 5 speed and have a peculiar problem...at least i think so...after i've been parked for a little while (like at least 30 min. to an hour) and i put it in reverse, when i take it out of reverse i cannot get it into ANY gear...not just first...well i can't put it into gear for...
  10. T

wont shift from neutral when hot

bump bump need help
  11. T

wont shift from neutral when hot

my truck has been acting strange lately. when i have it parked and crank it up and put it in reverse, i'll back up and then take it out of reverse and then it wont let me put it into gear...any gear...i cant put it back into reverse, 1st, 3rd, anything...and it only happens when it has been...
  12. T

Poll: Which brand lights?

i voted hella just because i have some hella 530's and i think they look pretty good, but i would say that piaa makes the best light...or has the best reputation. everyone with piaa's has had very easy installations b/c of the instructions that came along with the lights....my hellas came with...
  13. T

'02 drive report

they look awesome though....i think i like these models better than all the previous explorer models...too bad everything else is about them sucks...oh well i'll never be able to afford one :)
  14. T

factory amp bypass

or discount auto for $2.50 ;)
  15. T

factory amp bypass

wow! well i found it at discout auto, and i went ahead and installed it...i wasnt expecting much of a change, but i put on some rap and it hits MUCH clearer now...it sounds much better...just thought i'd let you guys know how it went
  16. T

factory amp bypass

any chance an auto parts store would have one that big?
  17. T

factory amp bypass

ok, i got the little plug in thing that bypasses the factory amp, and now i need some help getting to it. i've already broken the two small little punch in things that hold the rear panel but i was able to get the larger ones out with no problem...i'll just have to get some more at the dealer i...
  18. T

where to buy clear corners

hey...i'm lookin for some clear corners for my '93... i know www.autosyndicate.com has em but for like $69 for some reason i remember seein them for $49... thanks for the help
  19. T

Euro Clear Tail Lights

i think clear corners look great on the front...i dont really like the yellow on 91-94's
  20. T

will 31x10.50's fit?

hey my brother has some 31x10.50 bfg AT KO's on his tacoma and is thinkin of gettin a lift...will i be able to fit these on my stock rims w/o a lift or anything? i know some people on the board have trouble with 31's and some dont...thanks for the help
  21. T

How Much for Gas in Your Area?

cheapest place in town: 1.40 1.45 1.50
  22. T

new sub/amp...need advice

hey there...i'm gonna get a 12" sub and of course an amp b/c i want some bass in the splorer...i'm not lookin for it to hit hard or anything, just lookin for some extra bass. i would get a thunderform or a q-logic box but they're just too expensive. i was talkin to my friend and here's what we...
  23. T

4x4 not working

ok...thanks...i might just go buy one b/f i mess somethin up lol
  24. T

4x4 not working

i'm plannin on doin this tomorrow (sunday)...could someone please tell me what to look for and where it's located? thanks
Back