Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Oahu Explorers

You guys think my stock 2000 XLT can handle kaena point? Lol.
  2. J

Oahu Explorers

Anyone down? I got all the way down to the trail head and didn't have the balls to go alone with my stock explorer lol.
  3. J

Rear liftgate won't open

damn having a similar problem and sounds like this is my solution. doesnt sound like fun :(
  4. J

Great, what's causing all this moisture/fluid build up?

Damnit, just realized this is in the wrong forum. I have a 2000 XLT Lol. Im hoping someone can still have some insight to it.
  5. J

Great, what's causing all this moisture/fluid build up?

In my quest to find out why my SUV squeals like a pig on start up, and remains so for the next 10-15 min of driving Ive been poking around in there before I go with the usual change the belt, pullies and maybe even battery. Im still down to do all that but saw this today Ride side of the...
  6. J

Dipped the wheels

Yupp. Did 3-4 coats and it's holding up fine.
  7. J

Another XLT on the boards

Yes it does. Truck is from Colorado and I see you are so I bet you know the stealership :D
  8. J

Wheels been dipped and holding up fine. I like the way it looks now, but shoots it needs bigger rubber.
  9. J

the X so far

Nice Ex. Looks like we're in the same boat in needing some bigger tires :D http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/Jumpman21/aidrizzle/D806363C-6038-490F-905C-BF851BB2FB59-5545-000001266AAD8EF3_zpsee6aa5f7.jpg
  10. J

Dipped the wheels

mini update. no cracking or peeling on the wheels or bumpers. :thumbsup:
  11. J

Might be the silliest question ever but...

Thanks for the replies everyone. Really appreciate it. Nice to know there's a place you can have your questions answered, no matter how crazy they might be :D The tapped hole lol. Sweet thanks for the response. Yea the belt what I think it is the most. Im gonna swap it out for a...
  12. J

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

156,x.. on my 2000 XLT.
  13. J

So what do you like about your Gen 2?

Concur on the man truck thing. I like the looks of it above the other explorers. It looks good next to my mustang :D I havent used the keyless entry yet, but Im guessing I'll love that (I surf and have nowhere to leave my keys ) Just looks, and rides like a mans truck.
  14. J

Might be the silliest question ever but...

...am I missing a bolt here? Lol In my quest to find out why my Ex squeals at start up I started poking around the engine bay checking out the belt, pullies and and noticed that. It might be nothing but isnt there supposed to be a bolt there? More pics: (btw if anyone spots anything...
  15. J

Dipped the wheels

Why you decide to blue out the edge? So far against all kinds of weather here in Hawaii including rain theyre holding up fine. I just did 4 coats. Around 8-10 minutes Lol. I'll post an update pic in a while. A lot of people do it and I dont read many people having problems with it...
  16. J

Flickering lights

:rofl: Nice. It was in an easy spot, kinda behind the left fog light. Thanks for the help.
  17. J

Flickering lights

cool, i'll look that up thanks. will unplugging it affect the lights when i turn it on though? hope that's not a silly question lol
  18. J

Flickering lights

What's up guys. Gotta 2000 Explorer XLT and have a weird problem. When the lights are in the off position the daytime running lights (These do have daytime lights right? lol ) flicker like crazy. It's a constant flicker. Any clue to what maybe causing this? once I turn them on at night...
  19. J

Dipped the wheels

Decided to dip the wheels today. Wucha guys think? Also wucha think about that centercap? Black it out too? Tires look puny now so gotta get some 30s or 31s :D I think it'll look better once bigger tires are on there.
  20. J

dipped some parts

Time was maybe an hour to hour and a half. Prepped basically was me wiping down whatever I was gonna dip with rubbing alcohol and a rag lol. Taped things up of course. Washed the truck today and it still looks good.
  21. J

dipped some parts

Wanted to freshen her up a little so I did what everyone is doing and plasti dipped the bumper trim :D Before: After: Took some chrome polish to the bumper and lazily pounded that one out by hand. I'll get a powerball or something and do a better job later :)
  22. J

2000 XLT. Living in Hawaii this'll be my beach ride. Anyone know of any trails I can check out on Oahu? Thanks. Anyways when I got it: First things first, surf board pads :eek: Wanted to freshen her up a little so I did what everyone is doing and plasti dipped the bumper trim...
  23. J

New to Explorerforums, on my second Ford

Sup fellas. Just picked up a 2000 xlt. Now, where can I get some soft 8's for cheap? Lol :D And as mentioned this is my second Ford. My other being a 94 GT
  24. J

Tire size question

Annnnnnd just saw this lol Dead Link Removed
Back