Flickering lights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jumpman23

Reaction score
City, State
Oahu
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 xlt
What's up guys. Gotta 2000 Explorer XLT and have a weird problem. When the lights are in the off position the daytime running lights (These do have daytime lights right? lol ) flicker like crazy. It's a constant flicker. Any clue to what maybe causing this? once I turn them on at night they dont flicker.

Thanks for any help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its possible that there is a problem with the DRL module. Maybe corrosion or something. You can unplug it without any issues if it isn't resolved and it bothers you.

cool, i'll look that up thanks.

will unplugging it affect the lights when i turn it on though? hope that's not a silly question lol

cool, i'll look that up thanks.

will unplugging it affect the lights when i turn it on though? hope that's not a silly question lol
No, you'll still have normal lights. Just no DRL. It should be located behind the drivers side headlight.

I was in line at the WA boarder waiting to get into Vancouver for the Winter Olympics and these armed guards came over (I was like oh great what now) and questioned me about my flickering headlights. They weren't going to let me into Canada! I just put the thing in park, came around and unplugged the module under the bumper. Problem solved and they were like, "Easy fix Eh". Havent bothered with it since. Only "side affect" is with the module unplugged you don't get the blue dashboard icon that the High beams are on.

I was in line at the WA boarder waiting to get into Vancouver for the Winter Olympics and these armed guards came over (I was like oh great what now) and questioned me about my flickering headlights. They weren't going to let me into Canada! I just put the thing in park, came around and unplugged the module under the bumper. Problem solved and they were like, "Easy fix Eh". Havent bothered with it since. Only "side affect" is with the module unplugged you don't get the blue dashboard icon that the High beams are on.

:rofl:

No, you'll still have normal lights. Just no DRL. It should be located behind the drivers side headlight.

Nice. It was in an easy spot, kinda behind the left fog light. Thanks for the help.

Glad it worked out for you. :thumbsup:

Back