Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

I think my tranny is goin out? ... a little help?

ok...well tranny place couldn't figure out what was wrong....because the problem comes and goes, sometimes it shifts fine, sometimes its early, sometimes its late...charged me $65 to scan it...so there goes a negative $65 already....they want to try replacing two "sensors" i think.....they are...
  2. T

what exactly does these TSB's do? ... dont wanna pay $25 for nothin..
  3. T

Whenever I'm shifting from 3rd - 4th, the tachometer revs up and then it gives a hard and jerky shift. When shifting between the other gears, it seems pretty smooth and normal, it only happens from 3-4. Does this sound like the tranny is goin out? Or is there something I can do to fix this? The...
  4. T

help with bumper brackets and my body lift

hmm....they dont seem to fit any other way lol...maybe ill go try it again
  5. T

Bronco - I haven't drilled the new hole yet, because I am not sure if it was neccessary. I measured all the lengths according to the bracket diagram on these forums, and everything matches up corectly. And I think you made me the 3" lift brackets, because we discussed on how the 3" brackets will...
  6. T

Well I had my bumper brackets made, and I can't seem to get the bumper on no matter which way I push, pull, turn, jam....just wont fit in place. For those of you who have used the bumper brackets....How did you get your bumper up? Did you mount the brackets to the truck, and then the...
  7. T

Hard And Jerky Shifts...

its either from 1-2 or 2-3...ill be accelerating...and then it jerks me around from 1st to 2nd and then when its shiftin to 3rd, it sometimes revs up to 5k before it shifts (sometimes not, but real jerky shifts)....sometimes i let off a bit, and gas it again but all it does is rev up to 5k until...
  8. T

Need input on choice of tires/rims

2in. body lift...TT/shackles can get more if you want let me know
  9. T

Removing Bulky Fender Flares....

theres my truck...no fender on rear....cant really see holes, but its ugly in person....
  10. T

I want to hear from OWNERs of SSR's

I just recieved my SSR's about 2 weeks ago....I think they are awesome....They give a slight humb going down the road (some may not like it, but I love it)....don't really go off-roading besides the beach sand....which worked out great....I would do it again if I was given the chance....i run...
  11. T

hmm....ill get some pics up tommorow of my truck with the torn-off flare....it looks a lot better than with the flare...but the holes kill it :( .... still thinking if i want to take them all off or not....
  12. T

Rubbing at front fender corner w/ 32's (2" BL + TT)

Well, can anyone tell me what is behind the plastic fender piece?....how are deep can I cut out?.....and what is that foam-rubber piece in the top-right hand corner?
  13. T

didn't want to do the steering extension...the 2" was hard enough as it was....little knowledge and no tools hehe.....me and a friend just took a shot at it and figured it out.....
  14. T

Well I have the 2" BL and about 1" TT....I trimmed all the places I need, and now the only time my tires rub is when I am taking a turn while stepping on the brakes....is there anyway to fix this? It is only rubbing on the bottom corner fender...here is a pic... Thanks!!
  15. T

Well I was thinking about removing the factory bulky-grey fender flares that come on some Sports....(mine is a '99). And I was thinking about placing the "christmas tree-push rivets" in each and every whole that is uncovered when removing the flare...what do you guys think about this idea? Has...
  16. T

newbie exhaust questions...

Well I'm planning on exhaust as my next mod....but don't really understand how everything goes in place... I'm probably going with the Flowmaster 40 or Super 40 series....and having my local shop do the pipes.... well what I dont understand is the dual in/single out...center/offset....etc...
  17. T

Still different rims...but yeah didn't think about how they have different bolt patterns lol sorry.....what you mean "cut and dry" lol? but yeah anyways, thanks for the help....ended up with .. Xtreme Alloy "Beadlocks" w/ Swamper SSR 32x11.50 ....
  18. T

Mine is the 1079 series...with beadlocks....and bolt pattern is 4.5 for explorers i think....but thanks anyways
  19. T

Yeah I saw those as well, but was looking for something around $150..... Looking into the BFG Muds or might suck it up and go with the SSRs ..... for some reason the looks of the Muds dont attract me as much as the Swampers do....
  20. T

Hmm...Well problem with 32x11.5 is that I cant find one that I like with a good price heh.....was it minor trimming with the 3" BL and 33s?
  21. T

Can I get some more opinions from any others?....Also SplashMan, would you say go thru the trouble with the trimming and all, or should I just look for some 32x11.50? .... Would 32x12.50 also give me less trimming? .... thanks (need answers quick....planning on ordering tires today)
  22. T

Would you say just a little trimming on the inner fender and maybe bumper? .... nothing to do do with actual metal?
  23. T

Well I'm going to be placing an order soon for a new set of tires and rims....What I have is a 99 Sport w/ 2" Body Lift and TT/Shackles. The tire/rim setup I was planning on is: 15x8 Pro Comp Xtreme Alloy -with- 33x12.50 - Super Swamper TrXus STS All Terrain I only run my truck on...
  24. T

different factory fender flares...can they be swaped?

Hmm....well just out of curiosity...can the fender flares from a Mazda Navajo fit an X Sport? ... this is what im refering to...looks kinda the same as the smaller black flares.. http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/531000-531999/531163_6_full.jpg...
Back