Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Section525 - SAS D44 - Page 2 (Finishing... maybe)

ok wow been offline for a while and im out of the loop... gotta few questions here for section... #1 are your new leaf springs chevy front springs? b/c they look just like the 4 inch k5 rancho springs im gunna try and use.( i like the mil wrap of the 2nd leaf...) #2 cant seem to find a good pic...
  2. M

Dont drive in a white out

no one and for an update...axle is in and suspension hangers are in...didnt hear from insurance yet ... odd... i guess its gunna go down as a wreck and thats it...i took it off the road so as far as they know its in the jy...but no its in my shop becoming my dream...
  3. M

Rare Dana 44??

anyone have any ideas as to how i can get a regular u bolt to sit right on the pumpkin side
  4. M

Rare Dana 44??

i have the same axle mocked up under my 98 right now...its a good axle bc its a 5 lug 3/4 ton axle
  5. M

Dont drive in a white out

So on my way home a few weeks ago driving down a dark snow covered road, In a whiteout, doing 25 mph, come around the bend, and what do you know, i see 2 chrome rims and an F 250 badge 20 feet infront of me... The guy had plowed his driveway snow across the road and was shoulder to shoulder 90...
  6. M

Who's in NJ? Where?

Finally got the beast on film doin a lil work on a lazy sunday short but ok... enjoy.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WWz962hXT4 Was oddly warm couldnt get grip had to cut the other tree down.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_u35H0RHPw&feature=channel ...the tires are starting to take the...
  7. M

Makin The 98 FUN To Drive

Hey yellow, i have no clue as to what to do but I work in a junk yard and through some research i found a comp out of a 96 bronco... its obd2 and has a maf system maybe that will work....idk..... any one know?
  8. M

33x13.50x15 Swamper TSLs on a tt and shackles :eek: ... you should gimme a call sometime and well go wheelin or somethin.... or you could stop by and check out the axles im building....and oh...btw that was the old man movin it to get his truck out...i was sleepin last nite of hahaha.
  9. M

How to: 98 5.0 AWD Auto to 5spd M5R2 and 4406 M

beleive me for the price im gunna try an make the older one work... no body lift but it looks like they are only 6-7 inches off idk well see....
  10. M

Midnight's SAS: D44/9"

id like to come see this in person at some point because im doin the same with the 98 5.0 in my driveway....
  11. M

I was planing on geting new cluth and all the other stuff. the guy is gunna throw it all in as a package deal so i guess i can use it all as mock up or something....my main concer is ...is this stuff gunna work for me? how off is the shifter gunna be???
  12. M

my garmin says stock is off by 2 mph...ha..its not an issue right now, but im wondering how its actually working?
  13. M

i have a 98 with the 5.0... the vehicles listed above are doners in a nother yard...
  14. M

First off, My name is Joe, I have a 98 V8 AWD auto explorer and its getting old. I wanna make it more fun to drive and a lil more capable in the woods and a step closer to being ready for whets next....(a lil later down the road)For now I wanna do a 5 speed swap..., and throw a low range t-case...
  15. M

first off just wanna say what a great write up on this whole thing and congrats it all worked for you....now heres my situation....i work in a junk yard and have been eyeballing just about everyone of the klunkers and have found nothing of any good use...so i out sourced to another yard and...
  16. M

SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread)

put your shackles in once you get it outside... it will make it 4-6 inches lower and should get you out. BTW...a small bottle jack between the leaf and frame will help alot...
  17. M

Captain Morgan, '95 D44 Sas

wow it looks like this sport can really hold its own on the trail...how steep was the one clime??? btw thats an insane pic
  18. M

Wharton in May

ok me, smurf, and two of my home boys are commin see yall at 10....
  19. M

thinkin bout thrownin in the towel and goin solid

Wow its been about a year since this project hit its prime and I just wanted to say R.I.P. DORA 1.....
  20. M

wharton in april

im not sure wich way i went in...hahah but ill have to go around and make a few notes and mark them on the gps....btw, the spinco entrance has rocks but you can get around them only to be stoped by a highway barrier right by the bridge by the RR tracks about a 1/4 mile in after the whoops....
  21. M

wharton in april

hey jw, i went up split rock last friday its tigh gettin in but one ur in ur in hahaha im like 10 min away from the four corners....PM me if you wanna go sometime:thumbsup:
  22. M

Tinting my windows on Sat need some help

when i tinted my old van i just used soapy water with a ratio of about one ounce of soap to like 8 ounces of water and a fresh wall mart gift card (new no burrs and a smooth edge) and it worked great...over a year later and no bubbles or peeling...and as for prep work, i used windex and a beach...
  23. M

98 solid axle feeler thread

Well I was thinking a fw D44 and fw 8.8...now, leaf or coil...heres my options...and delemas...I have a 1991 ranger 2wd for parts and beleive it or not, in some of the local woods is a 1970s f100 4x2 frame section.... id say radius arms to the front bumper mount with just the suspension and i...
  24. M

Old member first time posting. My SAS.

how much DID YOU? move/rotate the radiator to clear the first gen steering box?
  25. M

Mudbug94s T-Case swap....V8 AWD to 4x4

this is on hold as im workin on the m5odr2 and 1356 swap and much more....lets just say when its done, i might have to leave here for full size bronco...any one know what im up to?
Back