Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

12" pioneer, what box/amp?

okay first of all, aznboi I am sticking to concepts, and the kid we are giving advice to has very limited funding, therefore in this case, what I suggested, and did cost roughly 15 dollars and took no more than 2 hours. it wasnt the asian way to go, but it was efficient for my time and money..
  2. E

lights

ya i ment for them to stay on
  3. E

lights

is there a thread on here about how to enable high and low beams at the same time? or is it simple..i jus dont want to dick with anything electrical i dont know about
  4. E

^^ exactly what I did.. then why do my subs knock the wind out of me?
  5. E

first of all you need to get wired correctly, and if you try that yourself it has a small chance of working. speakers in an ex sound perfectly fine with an after market deck reciever, so buy that before any new door speakers. since you only have one sub, look for a mono channel amplifier...
  6. E

how do u do a bodylift

jus find the body mount bolts, take em out, disconnect the steering shaft and the wires going to your firewall, and attach the lift pucks one at a time..you have an 01 so it might be a little more tricky but thats the jist of it
  7. E

intake

has anyone done this on their ex that can just let me know?
  8. E

intake

Im planning to remove the stock intake box in my 91 X and replace it with either a K&N or an AEM cone. my question is what would i do with the hose going to the oil filler neck and the two vaccum line going into the stock air box?
  9. E

flex?

what about the rear of the car?
  10. E

flex?

would aftermarket shocks make any significant diff?
  11. E

flex?

I have f150 spacers in the front and shackels in the rear and a 3 inch body lift, yet the aggresive look is a little deceiving because of the limited flex that i have. the clearence is good, and i can get through the mud and snow well, but i want to know the best and cheapest way to get a little...
  12. E

gear ratio

thanks Tbars, where would the best place to get 4:56 gears for the 8.8, and dana 35? and how much is installation?
  13. E

gear ratio

i have a 91 X and im runnin 35" tires on it. What new gear ratio is best, or a link to a thread with good info on it. thanks
  14. E

rollover at 80

thats a tight ass story..i would brag that **** no offense to this forum, i prolly would be dead if my rig hit that ditch at 80
  15. E

Flat black rattle can?

the flat black cans work and its kickass
  16. E

Flat black rattle can?

oh and it was both 4 cans of primer/4 cans of paint
  17. E

Flat black rattle can?

the exact thing hapened to me too, grey rig and the paint started chippin. I sanded it pretty crappy then put on black primer, then the flat black enamel. find the cans w/ the strait spray, not the round spray, or it would turn out ****ty. mind the hood, my engine was hot, but yeah thats...
  18. E

body lift bushing

i had to drill out other mounts too.. should i just not put those sleeves back in and let the lift pucks rest on the body/frame by itself?
  19. E

body lift bushing

im pretty sure i have to drill on each one..what kit did you use, i got the P.A. one
  20. E

body lift bushing

im putting a 3" body lift on my 91X and i was wondering how to get to the bushing and sleeve on the body mount behind the rear seats on the drivers side. it wouldnt be a problem but since i gotta drill holes throught the sleeves to allow the longer body mount bolts to fit through i wanted to...
  21. E

alignment suggestions?

theres a slim chance that you need your rear wheels aligned
  22. E

help

So not too long ago i was having connection problems with the battery and after attepmting to jump it a few times i said screw it so i fixed the terminal to cable connections (which i should have done in the first place) and after that a lot of wierd **** started happening. the e brake light is...
  23. E

Alignment Problem with 2" lift

I agree with Fortune, the coil sets give enough lift to even out the 2 inch AAL. i have them in and put in the 31/2 camber bushings with room left over. I suggest buy the seats (dirt cheap) and swap em with the new coils, then put your stock coils back in with the seats, and sell the new ones or...
  24. E

body lift questions

good call whats nice about a body lift is that you dont have to dick with allignments like what the spacers did i have 31's on now and i recken ill put @ least 33's on afterwards :-D
  25. E

body lift questions

i already have the 2 in spacer/shackle lift on my 91 x and im planning to put on a 3 inch body lift...what all would i have to do besides installing it? like longer brake lines and/or other linkage type things.
Back