04 EX - ABS & Traction Control lights "ON" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

04 EX - ABS & Traction Control lights "ON"

mrklai

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 ST|04 EX XLT
Hi guys, wanted to know if anyone had a problem with their ABS and Traction Control lights being on. Brief history, car was salvaged due to fire under hood...id10t hooked his amp up to the alternator rather than the battery...long story short, fixed that. Move ahead a week - ABS and Traction light came on and would not go off, so I took it to the stealership and they charged me 1000 to repack bearings, add a missing speed sensor, and 2 new rear rotors...picked it up after they finished and on the drive home, noticed a loud whirring noise in the rear where they "fixed" my bearing (RR). About halfway home (6 or 7 miles) the abs and traction light came back on. I pressed the brakes and the pedal almost went through the floor. I was told the $1000 (bearings, speed sensor, and 2 new rear rotors) would fix this issue. Has anyone else had a similar problem and if so, what was your fix. I took it back to the dealership and parked it so they can have another go at it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you heard back from the dealer?

UPDATE :: I did, I actually have a wiring/electrical issue...after all the repairs i drove it for about 20 - 25 miles w/ no problem, THEN i hit a bump and all the same lights came on again. Having a wiring diagnostic done and will hear back tomorrow as to what the damage will be. Praying for a low cost item.

Make sure all the previous work was valid. Don't pay for something they "thought" they'd fixed.

UPDATE 2 :: Seems I have a bad ABS Module...They want to charge 1400 to replace....part costs $112, thinking about doing it myself...anyone know of any specifics I would need to know.

NUMBER4, it was needed, RR speed sensor was gone all together and bad whirring sound coming from same side so I did need to get the bearings done, and I'm always a sucker for brakes, so I'd rather be safe than sorry. Appreciate you looking out though. Just noticed you're in woodstock - I'm in Warner robins/Macon.

Just noticed you're in woodstock - I'm in Warner robins/Macon.

Well hello from Woodstock! Everything I want on Craigslist is always way down in Macon and of late, Warner Robbins.

Lol, wish it was the same for me...have to make the drive to Atlanta more than i would like. Trying to part out an 01 sport trac lately (been sitting in my driveway for about a year, runs great, company just wont come pick it up after my bankruptcy) but no one wants to come this far

Back