• Register Today It's free!

2003 Mountaineer DVD system

STUMPOFWAR

Reaction score
City, State
Fairless Hills, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hi everyone,

I have a 2003 Mountaineer with a bad DVD player. I have been cruising for replacements on ebay and other sites. I see lots of 2004 and 2005 used parts but relatively few 2003 parts.

By looking at the pictures, the whole rear entertainment center looks identical. Will the DVD player from a 2004 or 2005 fit?

It seems they only sell the entire center (player, screen, and assembly). If I could not find the identical color, I was going to remove the DVD player itself and swap it out.

Thanks,

Shawn

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also...I forgot to list all of the specifics of my Mountaineer.....it is a 2003 Mountaineer Premier with a sunroof....in case different 2003s had different systems....

My player just stopped reading discs this last weekend, so also looking to replace it. Right now the closest thing I have found are the overheads for the 2006 models, which I am assuming aren't compatible. I believe that the 2004 and 2005 should work though. Where have you found them?

you guys might have luck in splitting out the DVD player and sending that it?
I did that with my CD6 player - jammed but it was very easy to separate the two units, one wire and a ribbon cable . . .they wanted a $130 to fix both $80 for just the DVD player, found a shop on fleabay in CA - Same day turnaround.

you guys might have luck in splitting out the DVD player and sending that it?
I did that with my CD6 player - jammed but it was very easy to separate the two units, one wire and a ribbon cable . . .they wanted a $130 to fix both $80 for just the DVD player, found a shop on fleabay in CA - Same day turnaround.

Do you have contact info for who you used?
Thanks!

it was over a year ago, so i'm not 100% but try these guys. . .
Rive Automotive Electronics
All i remember is it was CA company and Brentwood does ring a bell.

Thanks, will look into them.

Back