2005 Ford Explorer steering and Abs problems in right turns? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 Ford Explorer steering and Abs problems in right turns?

Frankconstantfix

Reaction score
City, State
Central New jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer
Replaced all wheel bearings ,upper ball joints, rack and pinion and brakes. NOW my problem is that when I make right hand turns the ABS system seems to come on and 4X4 comes on . Today the Check Advance trac light came on and then the warning light stayed on. and the 4X4 high light flashed a couple of times. Stock 2005 Ford Explorer 4.0 with sohc and ASC. Truck runs great looks great and no other issues but just had the Tranny rebuilt. Anybody else have these problems? I'm running out of patience and money!

The abs sensor may be bad on one of the wheel bearings. Or the cable/cable connection. A bad and sensor will cause these problems.

I had the same problem once after I changed my wheel bearings. Ended up being one of the abs sensors to the wheel bearing was bad. I've seen the wires be cut or nicked during installations so check the wires out.

The abs sensor may be bad on one of the wheel bearings. Or the cable/cable connection. A bad and sensor will cause these problems.

This is very true as I had the same problem when I installed new wheel bearings. Luckily I kept my original ones just in-case something went wrong and it did (abs light showed up). Swapped the original wires over to the new hubs and life has been good. It's VERY simple to swap them, so hopefully you kept your originals.

Back