2013 Explorer Sport Cruise Control | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer Sport Cruise Control

runner9

Reaction score
City, State
waynesboro pa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
2013 Explorer Sport cruise control would light up in the dash but not able to set speed with the set button. I disconnected the battery hoping it would reset and work but after reconnecting battery terminal it wouldn't turn on at all. any help would be appreciated. thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try a Master Reset and see if you can get it to come again.

Peter

how do I do a master reset ? the only information .I can find is a master reset on the SYNC system.

how do I do a master reset ? the only information .I can find is a master reset on the SYNC system.
That is the one. Although after reading the following post it likely won't help. It was just a sort of 'Hail Mary' suggestion. MFT Master Reset versus pulling Fuse versus disconnecting Negative Battery Cable
Are you getting any kind of alarm messages or warnings? I'm not sure if the issue would store a trouble code or not. A blocked sensor should give you a warning so I doubt that is the issue. I don't know if you'd get a warning if it wasn't working. I believe it is the same sensor that triggers the collision warning alarm. Unfortunately, I don't recall a similar issue being posted.

Peter

no codes no messages

Brake lights working fine? Cruise control shouldn't work if brake lights are not.

The brake lights are fine. Could it be the steering wheel switch ?

I suppose it could be the switch but I don't know how you would test it. No one to my knowledge has had to replace it before or had this issue.

Peter

Would it fail to turn on if there was a vacuum leak ?

Would it fail to turn on if there was a vacuum leak ?
We are in 'uncharted waters' here but I don't believe it has anything to do with a vacuum type system. I believe it all electronics. A few members have the service manuals so they might have a bit more insight into possible issues.

Peter

Steering wheel switches go bad. I had to have the radio switches replaced in my '13. I had the dealer do it under the ESP. They definitely only replaced the switches, so it's possible to do.

I posted a while back that my cruise control will not work. The brake lights work fine so that's not the issue. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions ? I have an appointment at the dealer tomorrow so I will post an update after.

I posted a while back that my cruise control will not work. The brake lights work fine so that's not the issue. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions ? I have an appointment at the dealer tomorrow so I will post an update after.
Any updates? I'm having the same issue and I replaced the steering wheel switches and no change.

Any updates? I'm having the same issue and I replaced the steering wheel switches and no change.
I took it to the Ford dealer and they replaced the steering column control module and it works fine.

I took it to the Ford dealer and they replaced the steering column control module and it works fine.
Thank you!
Do you happen to have the receipt from dealer showing that part #? Is it BB5Z3F791K or BB5Z3F791EA ?

I have the receipt and will check when I get off work.

Does that sound right to you to replace this module next?
Sorry, but I don't know. I've not had any issues with mine but if it worked for runner9, it might be the answer.:dunno: I believe his was the first such post/resolution.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back