Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

2016 back doors wont unlock from inside

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by jktsavage, December 30, 2015.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Ottawa, Ontario area
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2020 Aviator Reserve II
    Callsign:
    VE3
    I believe post 19 addresses the issue. A misprint in the Manual about how they work.

Peter

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Napalm

Napalm Active Member

City, State:
    Memphis tn
    On the 2016, Read Page 62 of the owners manual, second printing.

read the section on AutoLock and AutoUnlock - this is not the smart autounlock that trips if you try to lock your key in the car.

this is a different feature.

My car is setup just like this and it does disable the rear door, double pull to open.

4. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Ottawa, Ontario area
    2020 Aviator Reserve II
    Callsign:
    VE3
    Like mentioned here, the "double pull" to unlock and open the door is a misprint. The Explorer apparently doesn't have that feature. So your setup is the same as what I have set in my MKT. The only way to unlock the rear doors if the autolock is set up, is to either open the driver's door or press the unlock button on the driver's door. In other words, nothing has changed from previous model years.

Peter