2020 Explorer / Aviator Shipping Info | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer / Aviator Shipping Info

NPNelson

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I should have my head examined for spending time on this, but I was trolling the Cassens web site Delivery Receipt | Cassens Transport Company and found three load numbers loaded with 2020 Explorers (18936616, 18936619, 18936620) By using the window sticker lookup http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=[insert VIN here] it looks like they were all built in the 6/5-6/11 timeframe, mostly 6/9.

Sadly, mine isn't on its way yet, but at least they are starting to move.

i tired to look mine up and even reverse search it, by using one of those load numbers and grabbing that vin and looking at the window sticker. how are you able to find the load number off it? maybe im just missing something here, trying to see if my dealer is gonna be receiving mine or any soon. ( dealer code F48010)

i tired to look mine up and even reverse search it, by using one of those load numbers and grabbing that vin and looking at the window sticker. how are you able to find the load number off it? maybe im just missing something here, trying to see if my dealer is gonna be receiving mine or any soon. ( dealer code F48010)

I found that my dealer was getting one and then I took the load number off the delivery receipt search and then poked around a few load numbers around that one to catch some other Explorers in flight and that's when I saw that all of the ones being shipped that I found were built on June 9th plus or minus a few days.

I've noticed that it doesn't show up in Cassens' system until a day (weekends possibly excluded) before it is supposed to arrive (at least for ones to Ohio and Indiana). Just guessing by the location of your dealer, I'm guessing you are in the same boat, it won't show up in Cassens' until the day before.

If I were you, I would just troll the Cassens' site for your dealer once or twice a day (or if you are like me, hourly) to see if it pops up. I don't know for sure if Cassens is the exclusive provider to your area (or mine for that matter). At least you might be able to keep your dealer honest about when it shows up.

You can try your VIN on the United Road site just for kicks. Delivery Receipts - United Road

Anyone seeing the 2020 Explorers at dealers? I have a Ford dealer 1 block from my office and I've been watching for transports with the new ones on it. Nothing yet. Seems like it's taking forever.

It seems that according to the first post that shipping has just begun. It will take a little while before they start arriving at the dealers.

Peter

Any idea when the Aviator will be in Canadian dealerships?

Anyone seeing the 2020 Explorers at dealers? I have a Ford dealer 1 block from my office and I've been watching for transports with the new ones on it. Nothing yet. Seems like it's taking forever.
I just checked the Cassens site and found a load of 8 Explorers being delivered today to several dealers around Columbus, OH.

I just checked the Cassens site and found a load of 8 Explorers being delivered today to several dealers around Columbus, OH.
Let me know if any show headed to the Kansas City area, I went to the Cassens website, but couldn't figure out how to use it.

I am in Ohio now till tomorrow. Not sure if you will get this in time. Can you PM me the dealerships if they have any STs. And if so, any Atlas Blue or Magnetic? My wife is with me and would love to show her tomorrow as we are heading back to NH.

I should have my head examined for spending time on this, but I was trolling the Cassens web site Delivery Receipt | Cassens Transport Company and found three load numbers loaded with 2020 Explorers (18936616, 18936619, 18936620) By using the window sticker lookup http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=[insert VIN here] it looks like they were all built in the 6/5-6/11 timeframe, mostly 6/9.

Sadly, mine isn't on its way yet, but at least they are starting to move.
Thanks for posting! Since my ST was built on 6/7, I took a shot at your Cassens link and my car is on one of the 3 loads you listed. Says delivery was today 6/25!

Let me know if any show headed to the Kansas City area, I went to the Cassens website, but couldn't figure out how to use it.

I trolled a few Kansas City area dealers on the Cassens site and didn't see any deliveries of any kind for any Ford vehicles. It could be that Cassens isn't the primary carrier for Ford in the Kansas City area. Or maybe they might ship Explorers via Cassens and not other Ford's and none have headed that way yet. Hard to say....

how did you find your dealer code?

how did you find your dealer code?
I've definitely managed to create some confusion here. I was lucky enough to know that Ford uses Cassens to ship from Chicago to Columbus, but if you are in New York, they probably use some other carrier or even potentially rail. Cassens has a very easy way to look up the Cassens dealer code Dealer Display | Cassens Transport Company, so if you don't find your dealer there, it means Cassens doesn't go there.

United Road might go out there, in which case you can just look it up by VIN Delivery Receipts - United Road, but I don't know if that shows while it is in transit.

I've definitely managed to create some confusion here. I was lucky enough to know that Ford uses Cassens to ship from Chicago to Columbus, but if you are in New York, they probably use some other carrier or even potentially rail. Cassens has a very easy way to look up the Cassens dealer code Dealer Display | Cassens Transport Company, so if you don't find your dealer there, it means Cassens doesn't go there.

United Road might go out there, in which case you can just look it up by VIN Delivery Receipts - United Road, but I don't know if that shows while it is in transit.
Cassens doesn't show anything to my local dealers. I did find some on United Road. I looked up ones that show up on Ford.com without the dealer ordered tag and found about half in the delivery receipts, but the destination wasn't to the dealer. 1 ST went to Ford Michigan Assembly Plant - Detroit and 3 Platinums (3 consecutive VIN's) and 1 limited went to Ford Flat Rock. I am assuming either for inspection or rework before delivery transport. Surprised though that they wouldn't still show as dealer ordered.

Cassens doesn't show anything to my local dealers. I did find some on United Road. I looked up ones that show up on Ford.com without the dealer ordered tag and found about half in the delivery receipts, but the destination wasn't to the dealer. 1 ST went to Ford Michigan Assembly Plant - Detroit and 3 Platinums (3 consecutive VIN's) and 1 limited went to Ford Flat Rock. I am assuming either for inspection or rework before delivery transport. Surprised though that they wouldn't still show as dealer ordered.

I think they are staging them all over the place for inspection and/or repair. I've also found the "dealer ordered" flag on Ford's web site to be unreliable. The one that was delivered yesterday is still marked dealer ordered and mine has been marked "in transit" for weeks, but I think it was in transit to a repair facility.

I wrote a quick program to automatically troll the Cassens site to pick off Explorer shipments. From what I have found, a car carrier can carry a max of 8 Explorers. I've found Explorers destined for IA,IL,IN,OH,MI,KY,MO,WV (remember other shippers cover other parts of the country). I spot checked a few of the VINs by manually pulling the window sticker and it looks like they all have build dates in the 6/5 to 6/14 range. I even found two more Explorers bound for my dealer, which really ticks me off because I was the first one to order there and they have already gotten three counting the two coming in. Early bird definitely didn't get the worm, but might get a rebate if Ford offers some with the new rebates coming out tomorrow. I wish my dealer would have placed a retail order, even though I'd probably still be waiting, I wouldn't be wondering when it was going to show and I wouldn't have one of the first ones off the line.

Anyway, here are the carrier counts by delivery date(each carrier usually carries 8)

6/24 1
6/25 8
6/26 7
6/27 4
6/28 1
7/1 4
7/2 10 (so far)

I wonder if the factory is shut down this week for the summer break? If so, they might try to clear the backlog this week. I'll post the daily shipment totals as I am able for awhile (probably until I take delivery of mine, then I won't care anymore)

I wrote a quick program to automatically troll the Cassens site to pick off Explorer shipments. From what I have found, a car carrier can carry a max of 8 Explorers. I've found Explorers destined for IA,IL,IN,OH,MI,KY,MO,WV (remember other shippers cover other parts of the country). I spot checked a few of the VINs by manually pulling the window sticker and it looks like they all have build dates in the 6/5 to 6/14 range. I even found two more Explorers bound for my dealer, which really ticks me off because I was the first one to order there and they have already gotten three counting the two coming in. Early bird definitely didn't get the worm, but might get a rebate if Ford offers some with the new rebates coming out tomorrow. I wish my dealer would have placed a retail order, even though I'd probably still be waiting, I wouldn't be wondering when it was going to show and I wouldn't have one of the first ones off the line.

Anyway, here are the carrier counts by delivery date(each carrier usually carries 8)

6/24 1
6/25 8
6/26 7
6/27 4
6/28 1
7/1 4
7/2 10 (so far)

I wonder if the factory is shut down this week for the summer break? If so, they might try to clear the backlog this week. I'll post the daily shipment totals as I am able for awhile (probably until I take delivery of mine, then I won't care anymore)
If its possible check Tyler Texas. Retail order built 6/26/19. Ill have drink in your honor!!

6/24 1
6/25 8
6/26 7
6/27 4
6/28 1
7/1 4
7/2 10 (so far)

Creeper lol

Does anyone know what shipper covers south Florida?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In addition to my 2020 Silver Spruce Platinum, my local Ford dealer is expecting four (4) Explorers ordered as dealer stock. The VINs of these four stock Explorers are available at the dealer's website, and I've been watching the status from time to time. Using the delivery receipts utility at UnitedRoad.com (carrier for the Northeast area of the country), I found that two of the dealer-stock Explorers have been sent from Chicago to Ford's Flat Rock, Michigan Assembly Plant. (VINs of these two Explorers are 1FMSK8FH5LGA01053 and 1FM5K8GCXLGA04028.)

Poking around some more, I discovered that a bunch of Explorers have been sent from Chicago to Flat Rock. I'd guess that Flat Rock Assembly must be helping with reinspection or doing some type of rework on these vehicles. The attached PDF file shows VINs of seven (7) Explorers that were sent to Flat Rock.

Attachments

• Flat Rock Explorers.pdf
    89.7 KB · Views: 288

Back