3D Printed Center Console Part Wanted | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3D Printed Center Console Part Wanted

WHB III

Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer PIU
I am looking to purchase a 3d printed filler/tray to fill in the hole on a center console in a Police interceptor utility where the shifter would normally be. Any help would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome top the Forum.:wave:
FYI, only those with an Elite membership may sell items on the Forum. There is a classified section where you may also wish to post; Parts and Vehicles Wanted

Peter

I made my own 3D printed parts for the center console shift and dial holes on my '13. Due to the curvature of the surface it was a little difficult to get an exact fit, but they work fine. I can share my STL files that you can have and print on your own, or can post for sale in the classified. Not sure how to post pics but hopefully this link works. Explorer console 3d printed parts

hello everyone.
Anyone have the 3d print file for the shifter hole cup?
2014 year.
I sent a request to the original owner of the design but haven’t heard anything.
Looking to modify it a bit.
Thank you!

I sent a message to you, I can send my STL files.

Sorry, just posted a new thread, but I would like the file to tinker with.
3d solid model guy here.
Thanks!
Your thread was merged with this one.

Peter

Post the STL files on WWW.Thingiverse.Com so that more people will have access to them. ABS or PETG might be a better choice over PLA since the interior gets pretty hot. It's good for small parts but larger parts might warp in direct sunlight. There are some high temperature PLA filaments which might work if they are printed with 100% infill.

Guys, do you do a lot of 3D drawing & printing? If so, if there's sufficient interest, I could ask Rick to make a new subsection which is similar to the computers or photography subsections. We could have discussions about the types of programs like Solidworks, Fusion 360, post our latest projects or ask questions about things that we're working on. I have STL files for front end bushings that I designed & printed for my van. You could post the interior console parts. Let me know what you think. I don't want to get too off topic & ruin this thread so a go / no go reply is sufficient.

I think it would be great.
Been 3d surfacing/modeling for work about 20 years.
Lots of friends with 3d printers.
A library would be good too. Things that don’t change and something people could add to as updates are done.
I’m for it.

Is there another version of the shift cup that uses the chrome ring and the cup snaps in from the bottom?
Thank you for sharing you files Mcbooya.

When 3D printing Mcbooya's files, does anyone know what scaling factors (parameters) to use.

Nah. I made my own file that clips on directy to the excisting clips.

When 3D printing Mcbooya's files, does anyone know what scaling factors (parameters) to use.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

I have a pair of really cool 3d print files.
I’ll share if someone will test print for fit and print me one.
I used good clips, but my cup is untested for fit. My friend with the printer moved.
Two versions.
One just a cup, the other with Interceptor cut out in the bottom. My thought is fill it with clear resin, add color LED inside the console to light it up.
Let me know if anyone else wants a little project. I just want a print for my car.
J
I’ll figure out how to post a photo of it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey jason. Did you finally fix that file i had emailed you. The last one i sent you clips right in. Email jt to me and i can print it out for you. You still got my emaik right ending in @csum.edu

Back