99 explorer wanting to build up to take to baja way later on | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

99 explorer wanting to build up to take to baja way later on

A_l-1028

Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 xlt
i have a 99 exploder that im looking to build up and run in a class in baja someday. my only problem is that i dont know what classes i can run in that allow the mods i want to put on (suspension, wheels, etc.) could someone enlighten me a little bit. the car will remain stock until i can figure out what i can do to it.:feedback:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome

I'd say Class 7: Unlimited mini or mid-size trucks/SUV.

You can do lifts and such, but you must not change the wheelbase or increase the track width more than 78inches.

I believe they restricted it to V-6 motors for this class recently.

There are many different Baja races and organizations, you may want to narrow it down.

Welcome to this forum! Don't forget to take a look at Explorer Forum license plate frames, and decals to show other competitors that you are part of the forum. You might even see other people with these things on their vehicles. You'll then have something in common, and make more friends.

so pretty much im not allowed to make the truck any wider than it is, correct? i've read up on bitd rules and gone through those a ton. but thanks for your feedback

Back