Aftermarket wheels | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket wheels

exwest, I didnt write the post above, I like your wheels, I've always been a fan of clean 5stars they never go out of style...

I was just putting a pic up of the rims from my old truck next to the explorer so people had more pics to use to compare, they dont fit so they are getting sold.

Im up in the air about my next rims but once i get them ill post up some pics, vossen has some nice 5stars

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ha ha I deserved that billyg900, now I'm gonna go kill myself... Just kidding, sorry dude, just though you were looking for feedback before you decide to put them on your truck. Didn't know you were set on them. They are bad ass, sometimes you can't really get the full just from a picture enless they are actually on the truck, Post more pics once they're on and I'm sure everyone will like them. :)

Hahahaha. I wrote that. Not looking to knock anyone down. Just stating the fact that not everyone has the same tastes. I just don't like the huge 22's. Others like them. I personally don't. Not a big fan of the gray colors either.

Is it just the picture angle or does the black trim piece coming off the passenger side roof rail look like it's out of alignment on your truck ExWest?

The little black piece that comes down to meet the windshield.

Wheel size

Oh ya sorry billyg900 must have been sleep at the switch.

Hey what does everyone think, just out of curiosity, about wheel size. You know what broken strut and I like. If you have upgraded your wheels or plan to, do you prefer 22" or 20" and why.

Falken RT-7M 22in wheels

I wasn't really into black wheels but I grew to like these. They look much better in person

I tried looking through this thread, but did you mention the size of your tires?

Awesome EX btw!

Here are my wheels on my 2013 Limited. They are 20x8.5 TSW Brooklands

Explorer_031713.jpg

Here is another view of the 24s - Not lowered yet. The kit should drop it down about 1.7" or so

1-1.jpg

Evasilisin, did you lower it yet? if so do you have any pics.

where did you get a lowering kit ?

I saw this one the other day. I didn't care for the look...

SU1HMDE4NDAtMjAxMTA1MDMtMTA1OC5qcGc.jpg

You guys know that he is clearly using those as winter rims, right?

Yes they are ugly. I would have painted them black at least....wait, steel wheels would have been a better choice. Must have gotten a good deal on that size of tire lol

I tried looking through this thread, but did you mention the size of your tires?

Awesome EX btw!

Falken Ziex 265/40/22

If you like the Ford Edge Sport wheels, also check out the Harley rims Ford has for the F-150. My brother in-law ordered some for his Expedition. Looks smooth and very similar to the Edge Sport rims.

08_hd_wheel_ag.jpg

heres the Harley wheels, nice but 6 lug

Anyone swapped wheels on their Explorer Sport?

Hello everyone. First post here on your fine forums.

Yesterday I ordered a silver Explorer Sport for my wife. I had to do a bit of selling to get her to want it...she said it looked too "manly" for her, with the darker grill and painted wheels. But I was able to convince her that she would look just as stunning as ever in the Sport, and that the extra power from the engine is actually a safety feature. It's much easier to maneuver through traffic with more power!

Anyway, one of her hangups with the Sport is the painted wheels. Has anyone swapped wheels on their Sport with, say the 20" wheels that are available on the Limited? Also, does anyone know how much a set of each wheels would cost? I may see if the dealership will let me swap them once the truck gets here, but if I know that one set is substantially more expensive than the other, that's helpful information to have when negotiating. Finally, does the Limited and Sport come with the same size/type of tires?

Thanks very much for any advice/insight/experiences that you all can provide!

Hello everyone. First post here on your fine forums.

Yesterday I ordered a silver Explorer Sport for my wife. I had to do a bit of selling to get her to want it...she said it looked too "manly" for her, with the darker grill and painted wheels. But I was able to convince her that she would look just as stunning as ever in the Sport, and that the extra power from the engine is actually a safety feature. It's much easier to maneuver through traffic with more power!

Anyway, one of her hangups with the Sport is the painted wheels. Has anyone swapped wheels on their Sport with, say the 20" wheels that are available on the Limited? Also, does anyone know how much a set of each wheels would cost? I may see if the dealership will let me swap them once the truck gets here, but if I know that one set is substantially more expensive than the other, that's helpful information to have when negotiating. Finally, does the Limited and Sport come with the same size/type of tires?

Thanks very much for any advice/insight/experiences that you all can provide!
Welcome to the Forum jeebus.:wavey:
As per my PM, I have moved your thread to this existing one on aftermarket wheels. There are quite a few members that have changed out the OEM wheels as you can see. Some have used an 18" wheel for Winter tires and one member's dealership even managed to install a 17" wheel. I don't know about the cost Limited vs Sport wheel but I can assure you they likely are not cheap. As far as I know, the Sport and Limited share the same rubber and size 255/50R20. I doubt you will have any luck getting the dealer to swap wheels but you can try. I wanted to take my OEM Hankooks off ASAP but the dealer didn't want them so I was able to find a tire dealer who took them in on trade. Perhaps you can try the same thing.

Peter

Here is or was my setup on my 2012 Limited. Just traded it in today.

null_zpsf2372965.jpg

Giovanna 22x9 w/Nittos

Switched to black lugs:
E4D5C920-41B3-4B6B-A487-551988D4CF52.jpg

null_zps067484ce.jpg

Has anyone had any problems with 22's on Sports?

anybody ever get there stock chrome wheels painted black chrome?

I'd like to revive this thread to see if anyone has taken the plunge on aftermarket wheels. I am test fitting on Monday to see if the ones I have picked, 22x10.5 28mm offset wrapped in 285/35/22 is going to clear. It's gonna poke but should be less than 1/2 inch.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I like 22's also, with five spokes. Easy to clean the inside of the rim. Looks good. The only thing I don't like about the stock sport wheels are its tedious work to clean the inside of the rim where brake dust, etc collect. Also the calipers are tough to clean. There isnt much tolerance between the rim and caliper.

Baddceo do you have a link? I would like to see em.

Buzz

Back