Another Orange Wrench Problem... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another Orange Wrench Problem...

....and I would change your sig color to black instead of red because red is normally associated with an emergency and a sig isn't one.

<<<<<<< So I guess if you're an elite explorer status, everything is an emergency since our names are posted in red.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

<<<<<<< So I guess if you're an elite explorer status, everything is an emergency since our names are posted in red.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
I wasn't going to say anything but this was my exact thought. I guess good thing this isn't a 911 forum or something.

Anyways, I'm going to redo this test again just to make sure. Plus I'd like to drive it around to capture some real time data, and also to make sure I have more variables selected for the PID data, VS it just sitting there idling with only the few things I had selected.

I'm wondering (maybe hoping) it's as simple as a faulty COP.

So that's a reason to post a sig in red?

Red is to get attention, possibly you deserve extra for being elite. Do sigs deserve more attention than post content? Or should everyone post everything in red? I don't think so!

Black is the default font color for a reason. Another good reason is that with people using larger and larger monitors, some have switched to inverted colors. Black and white work well for that. Other colors not as much unless especially light or dark shades of the color (like the light blue background here). Things are set up the way they are for reasons.

Well sure but I just changed mine to Blue so it stands out a bit. So post readers will notice the reference vehicle should I be referencing my problem.

lets keep this on topic shall we?

lol, guys the sig color issue is relatively unimportant. If someone posts something in a topic that's off-topic and minor then I just ignore it. It's just that color is a basic element of good web design and makes it easier on everyone to have things be their normal color.

I believe black text is a default simply because it's traditional for text to be black. Especially when you're referencing traditional print materials that once used raw materials like coal to help produce the ink.

I believe if red, or any other color for that matter, was not intended to be used in the signature, whomever created the code for this website would have simply eliminated the option to include colors in the signature. Just my 2 cents.

I think that's a GRAND idea! (Staying on topic.)

:D:D:D:D
lol, guys the sig color issue is relatively unimportant. If someone posts something in a topic that's off-topic and minor then I just ignore it. It's just that color is a basic element of good web design and makes it easier on everyone to have things be their normal color.

LOL so much for this... now I'm getting a lesson in graphic design from J_C via my inbox. Let me go change my signature so I can cater my responses specifically to you J_C :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

^ Of course I sent you a PM instead of continuing to derail the topic... but then you did anyway.

lol, talk about turning a mole hill into a mountain! Then again it is Your Topic and you should do whatever you want with it.

I know, you're telling me. Let's stay on topic shall we?

^ I posted a suggestion and instead you fixated on off-topic. Any further investigation into whether cyl 1 is firing? It seems like we need more input from you to get anywhere on this. Otherwise I'd recommend renting a vehicle for the road trip.

If it is running badly there is possible risk to the catalytic converter$$$ to drive it around much.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
I wasn't going to say anything but this was my exact thought. I guess good thing this isn't a 911 forum or something.

Anyways, I'm going to redo this test again just to make sure. Plus I'd like to drive it around to capture some real time data, and also to make sure I have more variables selected for the PID data, VS it just sitting there idling with only the few things I had selected.

I'm wondering (maybe hoping) it's as simple as a faulty COP.

I guess you missed post #22? I appreciate all of your wonderful help J_C. It's been so very helpful.

Back