Bandit Customs-Your Explorer Repair, Customization and Modification Source in Austin! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bandit Customs-Your Explorer Repair, Customization and Modification Source in Austin!

..Happy New Year to you guys too..:biggthump

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Subscribed and Will keep an eye out for future videos ! . Keep up the great work , digging the pics so far in this thread ! .

Greetings! We are Bandit Customs, the newly formed automotive business in Austin, Texas. Long time EF members Kris Guilbeaux and Nice59FordF100 have started this business as an outlet for Explorer owners to have their vehicles serviced by us for any need that may be required. Even though we specialize in Explorers, we welcome any vehicle through our doors. Our goal is to provide affordable car care with extraordinary customer service with our combined 25 years experience in Explorers, Rangers, Mountaineers and Navajos. We own authentic Ford diagnostic equipment and use OEM parts for repairs, customization and overall modifications to customer's vehicles at prices that are both fair and competitive. Some of the services we offer are:​

• Motor rebuilds (SOHC timing replacements as well)
  • 5.0 swaps​
  • Suspension and body lifts​
  • Alarm installs​
  • Aftermarket radios​
  • 4x4 conversions​
  • Interior restoration​
  • Re-optioning (adding factory options the vehicle didn't come equipped with)​
So stop by and say hello, or post parts requests, ask for advice, or just kick back and watch current projects we are working on. Ideally, we will post customer vehicle builds or mods as they come in so you can see the quality of our work.

Some photos of past work

Redone leather on the driver seat on a 1996 Eddie Bauer
993013_661119370568267_706661282_n.jpg

As we grow, we will eventually offer online parts orders and diagnostic assistance. Thanks for reading and hope to see y'all soon! :D

The interior on that EB looks great! Looks like you guys do top quality work. Just curious, where did you get the new leather? I'm about to get some free gray Mounty seats that I'd like to re-cover to match my prarie tan interior.

I have an upholstery shop the will hand make the leather to match the original.

its too bad im in Colorado... My 1997 exploder needs the seat tilt handle put back on the power seats.(the one thing that isn't power)

Well if you ever are in the neighborhood look is up! Thanks for checking us out.

Greetings! We are Bandit Customs, the newly formed automotive business in Austin, Texas. Long time EF members Kris Guilbeaux and Nice59FordF100 have started this business as an outlet for Explorer owners to have their vehicles serviced by us for any need that may be required. Even though we specialize in Explorers, we welcome any vehicle through our doors. Our goal is to provide affordable car care with extraordinary customer service with our combined 25 years experience in Explorers, Rangers, Mountaineers and Navajos. We own authentic Ford diagnostic equipment and use OEM parts for repairs, customization and overall modifications to customer's vehicles at prices that are both fair and competitive. Some of the services we offer are:​

• Motor rebuilds (SOHC timing replacements as well)
  • 5.0 swaps​
  • Suspension and body lifts​
  • Alarm installs​
  • Aftermarket radios​
  • 4x4 conversions​
  • Interior restoration​
  • Re-optioning (adding factory options the vehicle didn't come equipped with)​
So stop by and say hello, or post parts requests, ask for advice, or just kick back and watch current projects we are working on. Ideally, we will post customer vehicle builds or mods as they come in so you can see the quality of our work.

Some photos of past work

Redone leather on the driver seat on a 1996 Eddie Bauer
993013_661119370568267_706661282_n.jpg

Re-optioned the 96 Eddie Bauer with factory memory seats
1010584_661120310568173_874269728_n.jpg

Added steering wheel controls to a 99 Mountaineer
1001339_661114800568724_384706002_n.jpg

Adding keyless entry (with keypad on door) to a 91 Eddie Bauer 2 Door with an aftermarket remote start system that is controlled via the factory Ford key fob as well as a factory Explorer memory seat system with heated puddle side mirrors
1006188_662432050436999_1725815672_n.jpg

And Kris posing with the new Bandit Customs shop truck as we install a newly timed SOHC motor
379588_661120770568127_1178335032_n.jpg

As we grow, we will eventually offer online parts orders and diagnostic assistance. Thanks for reading and hope to see y'all soon! :D
Bandit Customs, what have you done on sunroofs that need new weather striping. I can't find any vendor that has weather striping for 2000 Explorer. Paul

We are actually in the midst of trying a new vendor for weather stripping. As soon as I get a line on some (what color interior is your truck?) I will reply!

Gray, I've learned that the sunroofs are supposed to leak and that there are drain hoses. I've got to clean mine out. lol

You guys still in Austin?

We sure are bud!

Been trying to add remote keyless entry for a while, kinda gave up. Would you guys be able to help me?

Hi there. Im sure we can help. Though we are a little back logged currently. If you would like pm me or russell with your phone number and we can talk about your project.

Back