beats the hell outta the ford 500!! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

beats the hell outta the ford 500!!

Good discussion chriswells and rocket, though we are nowhere near the original thread's point :) I'll leave it at this: V6 or V8, I'm glad people are still buying tons of Mustangs and that there's no end in sight for the 2nd most famous American car ever (Corvette) and the best-selling, longest-running affordable performance car of all. Everyone talks so much about the Chrysler 300 and how great it sold...but the Mustang outsold it by a longshot. Kudos (aka props) to Ford for hitting the bullseye on the redesigned car. Can't wait for it to get the new V6 in a year or two, which should also come with a bump in power for the GT. And that's just about when I should be able to afford one :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

jayhawkexplorer said:
Good discussion chriswells and rocket, though we are nowhere near the original thread's point :)

Yeah, we did get of topic just a smidge. hehe. Meh, who wants to talk about the Ford 500 Grandma-mobile anyways! ;) One thing worth mentioning about the 500 is that you could probably fit about 7 dead bodies in the trunk without getting the sides bloody. lol. Gosh it is huge!

500 , mustangs,

wow you all have been very busy on here,, :D the reason i posted this was to see what you all thought, I threw the 500 out on the title so i would grab some attention to see what you all thought. Personally i hate the 500, it's a horrible looking car, but i'm alittle biased, I hate 4 door american sedans, they are boring, slow, and Ugly. I love the lexus cars and european style, i actually like the lines of this car, onpage one i guess now,,lol, the inside is horrible the more i look at it, phew,, what where they thinking!! V-8 would be nice in more cars, but w/ gas,, who knows,, hmm Diesles??!! anyone,

dtl 2k2 sport said:
wow you all have been very busy on here,, :D the reason i posted this was to see what you all thought, I threw the 500 out on the title so i would grab some attention to see what you all thought. Personally i hate the 500, it's a horrible looking car, but i'm alittle biased, I hate 4 door american sedans, they are boring, slow, and Ugly. I love the lexus cars and european style, i actually like the lines of this car, onpage one i guess now,,lol, the inside is horrible the more i look at it, phew,, what where they thinking!! V-8 would be nice in more cars, but w/ gas,, who knows,, hmm Diesles??!! anyone,

I do hear you to an extent on the ugly and slow 4 door cars, but there are some out there that are actually quite fast and look really sexxy.

I hear you on the uglieness of the 500 as well, but it was designed by european stylists from Volvo IIRC. I am just guessing on this but I think Ford is also grabbing at staws to find a way to get rid of the Crown Vic. They really can't do this until they find a car that is suitable to Law Enforcement to replace it, otherwise, risk losing all of that buisness. They are already losing some buisness to the Impala. The problem that law enforcement has with the smaller bodied cars is interior room. Once they put a cage, their computer, radar equipment, camera system and what not in, there isn't a whole lot of room for a 275lb, <insert any cop stereotype here>.LOL I think that the reason that they have not introduced a V8 yet is because it they do, it will take away what little civilian CrownVic buisness they do have. Ford is pretty good at balancing between lines and trying not to take away from other internal lines, ie when the Linclon LS came out, they discontinued production of the SHO. No point in their eyes to sell 2 mid-sized 4 door sedans with V8's when they wanted the LS to be Lincoln's new "Flag Ship." And don't forget that the Jag S-Type came out at the same time, on the same chassis, with the same powerplants and the same price ranges.

rocket 5979 said:
I do hear you to an extent on the ugly and slow 4 door cars, but there are some out there that are actually quite fast and look really sexxy.
None of those sexy looking 4 doors are American though.

froader,, exactly, acura tl,tsx,rsx, lexus Gs, 3/400, hell even the toyota solara, which barley can make it each year in market polls still looks better, then any american car company.

I started to like fords!

NOT, FORDS SUCK-FOUND ON/OFF ROAD DEAD CHEVY could kick any mustang ass any day. Who would name a car after a pussy horse, a better name would be peice of ****- I don't give a damn if I am kicked off this site. Personally, everyday I can see a Chevy Astro kick a Ford Aerostar's ass. All of you ford dumbasses should know the mustang goes 200mph and the corvette goes 240mph, so if you should know ford suck and if you own one to you do also suck too. Chevy Muscle

nova801428 said:
NOT, FORDS SUCK-FOUND ON/OFF ROAD DEAD CHEVY could kick any mustang ass any day. Who would name a car after a pussy horse, a better name would be peice of ****- I don't give a damn if I am kicked off this site. Personally, everyday I can see a Chevy Astro kick a Ford Aerostar's ass. All of you ford dumbasses should know the mustang goes 200mph and the corvette goes 240mph, so if you should know ford suck and if you own one to you do also suck too. Chevy Muscle
Good job on showing you Ass ..buddy.... :rolleyes: You need to find some form of Drug Rehab !! :monkey:

nova801428 said:

Dead Link Removed 'nuff said....now go away and don't come back.

HMM maybe i should of started an suv rant,, how nice the explorers are vs , other manufactures,, IE: isuzu, hyundai,kia,,,, even the lovley, uhm trailblazer? or envoy,, what ever they call those things,,

I think ford should bring back the lincoln continental to the way it was in the 60s and 70s, with suicide doors and updated styling and drivetrain it could be a great car.

EMG7895 said:
I think ford should bring back the lincoln continental to the way it was in the 60s and 70s, with suicide doors and updated styling and drivetrain it could be a great car.
You mean like this?

Attachments

• lincoln1.jpg
    lincoln1.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 139
  • lincoln2.jpg
    lincoln2.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 144

nova801428 said:

if we all suck from owning fords.... oh wait, your avatar says you have a ranger. i guess your sucking with us then. way to show yourself there buddy

nova801428 said:
I'll bet he pulls his house with a chevy

jtsmith said:
I'll bet he pulls his house with a chevy

hahahahah, his woman too!

FROADER said:
None of those sexy looking 4 doors are American though.

Though I am partial, take a look at what "other" vehicle I have in my sig. No pics up yet because its winter but they will come when the warmer dryer weather does. The Lincoln LS is about one of the sexiest American 4 door luxury cars I have seen. That is precisely why I bought one. From not only the sexy looks but the world class suspension/handling, 280 hp V8, smooth 5 speed auto tranny, comfort, excellent crash rating and overall feel I believe them to be truly spectacular cars. Factor that with their relatively low price compared to other foreign V8 luxury cars of their class and things start to add up. Too bad they were mismarketed by Lincoln. The cars were great, the marketing by Ford/Lincoln sucked! I don't know about you but I never seen an LS commercial.

I saw an LS commercial when they were introduced. The LS is a very nice looking car. There is two problems I have with the looks.

LincolnLS.JPG

1. The rear tire needs to be moved back or the rear of the cab needs to be moved forward or something.
2. The roundness of the top rear of he cab doesn't match the rest of the cars square lines.

FROADER said:
I saw an LS commercial when they were introduced. The LS is a very nice looking car. There is two problems I have with the looks.

LincolnLS.JPG

1. The rear tire needs to be moved back or the rear of the cab needs to be moved forward or something.
2. The roundness of the top rear of he cab doesn't match the rest of the cars square lines.

I can see where your coming from on the rear tire placement, but I also think that had they moved it back then it would make the front to rear tire distance seem huge. As for moving the cab forward a little bit? It may be a good idea but it is late, I'm getting lazy and I just cannot visualize it. The car is actually quite curvy versus squared. In most side pictures they look boxy but when actually up close they take on a different shape. They really remind me allot of BMW's when looking at them from certain angles. I am tired of BMW's and MB's, and also Lexus. I have seen enough of them to last me 3 lifetimes even though some models are nice. hehe. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Erm....
Lexus-IS-2006-033.jpg

Ford-Iosis-Concept-014.jpg

Lexus-IS-2006-012.jpg

Ford-Iosis-Concept-017.jpg

Please Ford, put down the tracing paper.

Back