Bored and designing new systems... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bored and designing new systems...

nonameputs

Reaction score
City, State
Danville, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XL
HU: Alpine CDA-7998

Kick Panel Components: Alpine Type-R SPR-136A 5-1/4"

Front Door Components: Alpine Type-R SPR-176A 6-3/4"

Upper and Lower Rear Door Speakers: Alpine Type-R SPR-574A 5"x7" 2-way

Subs: Alpine Type-R SWR-1221D 12" Dual 2-ohm (x 2)

Amps: Alpine MRV-F450 50W x 4 + 200W x1 (x 2)

Speaker Locations:

-5.25 component set in Q-Forms kick panel enclosures
-6.75 component woofer mounted in middle of the front doors with tweeters mounted in the A-pillars at about eye level.
-5x7" 2-ways mounted in both the upper and lower door locations in the rear doors (in my explorer there is an extra speaker cutout down by the floor in the rear doors).
-Subs in a sealed enclosure behind the rear seat facing the hatch.

Signal Path:

Front amp and left sub:
-From the HU the front left signal is split and sent to both channels 1 and 3. The front right signal is split and sent to both channels 2 and 4. The left sub signal is split and sent to both inputs of channel 5.
-Channels 1 and 2 run the kick panel 5.25 components and have a high pass x-over set at 100hz, which is then sent to a passive x-over which sends 100-3,500hz to the woofers and 3,500hz and up to the tweeters. Each set recieves about 45 watts.
-Channels 3 and 4 run the door mounted 6.75" mid-bass's and the tweeters in the A-pillars and have a high pass x-over set at 60hz. Then the signals are sent to a set of passive x-overs which send 60-3,500hz to the woofers and 3,500hz and up to the tweeters and also attenuates the tweeters by -3db. Before the signal gets to the woofers, another passive x-over sends a low pass signal of 100 hz and down to the woofers. They end up with a signal of 60-100hz. Each set recieves 50 watts.
-Channel 5 runs the left sub and has a low pass x-over at 60hz and a subsonic filter at 15hz. It gets 200 watts.

Rear amp and right sub:
-From the HU the rear left signal is split and sent to both channels 1 and 3. The rear right signal is split and sent to both channels 2 and 4. The right sub signal is split and sent to both inputs of channel 5.
-Channels 1 and 2 run the upper rear door speakers and have a high pass x-over set at 60hz. They recieve about 40 watts.
-Channels 3 and 4 run the lower rear door speakers and have a high pass x-over set at 60hz. They recieve about 40 watts.
-Channel 5 runs the right sub and has a low pass x-over at 60hz and a subsonic filter at 15hz. It gets 200 watts.

Well that's my Alpine system. Eventually I will get all of this actually put in my X, but you have to start with baby steps. Anyway, tell me what you think.

Back