• Register Today It's free!

can I?

TurboR

Reaction score
City, State
Waterford, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
I have a 5 channel alpine amp coming in the mail any day, is it possiable to hook up 2 sets of alpine typr R 5x7's, 1 pair of alpine type R 6x9's, and a jl audio stealthbox?

Here are the specs:
AMP:
Key Features
Amplifier Type Multi Channels
Bass Boost With Bass Boost
Bridgable Bridgable
Power Output
RMS Power at 2 Ohms 40 W x 4 + 150 W x 1
RMS Power at 4 Ohms 30 W x 4 + 150 W x 1
Performance
Frequency Response 10 Hz - 50000 Hz
Low - Pass Frequency 50 Hz - 200 Hz
High - Pass Frequency 50 Hz - 200 Hz
Signal to Noise Ratio 100 dB
Bass Boost Frequency 50 Hz
THD at Rated RMS Power .08 %
Dimensions
Width 16.44 in.
Depth 9.69 in.
Height 2.69 in.
Other Features
Input Voltage 11 volt
MOSFET amp Yes
3 Way Ready Yes
Miscellaneous

5x7's:
Alpine SPR-574A
Features:
• 140W Peak Power
• 35W RMS
• Frequency Response: 48Hz – 30kHz
• 3/4" Soft Dome Tweeter with 15° Swivel Capability
• In-Line 12dB HP Crossover with Tweeter Protection
• Aluminum Coated Poly Cone
• Cast Aluminum Woofer Fram
• Great fit for most Ford and Chrysler vehicles with 5x7 applications!

6x9's:
Alpine SPR-694A
Features:
• 120W Peak Power
• 50W RMS
• Frequency Response: 48Hz – 30kHz
• 1" Soft Dome Tweeter with 15° Swivel Capability
• In-Line 12dB HP Crossover with Tweeter Protection
• Aluminum Coated Poly Cone
• Cast Aluminum Woofer Frame

Stealthbox:
The Hard Data:
Contains one 10W1-4 in a sealed enclosure. 125 watt power handling. Wired for 4Ω mono. Fits both 2 and 4 door versions of these SUV’s. Installs inside passenger side cargo area trim panel. Black, cloth-covered grille included (see in-car photo). Stealthbox® installs with absolutely no loss of cargo space!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks fine to me

yep! u can do it, just 1 channel per 1 speaker lol... Just make sure u hook them up in sets so u dont have weird crossovers and gains hahah

what do you mena hook them up in sets?

run the 2 sets of alpines paralleled together at 2 ohms to the front channels, and the pair of 6x9's to the rears, then wire sub up to sub channel....

negative, you can't just hook up a bunch of speakers to an amp and expect it to sound good. You did'nt tell us what the ohm ratings were for the speakers. If you hook those speakers up you could possibly be putting an 8 ohm load on each channel. Which means you would be getting half the power you would from a 4ohm load and ect. So your speakers could possibly be getting only 15 watts rms per speaker which is probably alittle less than your head unit is putting out. And what brand amp is this?
"RMS Power at 2 Ohms 40 W x 4 + 150 W x 1
RMS Power at 4 Ohms 30 W x 4 + 150 W x 1 "
those specs sound misleading. Generally going going from 4 to 2 ohms you gain twice the power. And the same going from 2 to 1 ohm (which most amps can't handle). Which also brings me to my point that going from 4 to 8 ohms you lose half your power.

They are 4 ohm speakers. I may not speak for all of us who have already replied, but I downloaded the tech PDFs for those speakers from alpine.com. Most coax speakers are 4 ohms.

And you do not have to double your output by cutting your impedance in half... Generally that is the case, but not always.

The amp is a 5 channel Alpine MRV-F450. i believe the speakers are 4 ohm. So its safe to say that i can double up and twist the four wires (negative to negative and posative to posative) together for the 2 sets of 5x7's to the front 2 channels, wire the 6x9's to the back 2 channels and the sub to the sub channel.

So do you guys think i'll be ok?

Back